Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Centennial Washer Model MVWC6ESWW0 problem  (Read 765 times)

Offline shirl

• VIP Member
Maytag Centennial Washer Model MVWC6ESWW0 problem
« on: March 07, 2017, 04:12:13 PM »

Hi, sometimes my washer's agitator starts turning before the tub starts to fill with water. This Maytag washer model has an auto load sensor, and in doing some research, found out that the sensor can go bad and need to be replaced. Or, if that doesn't fix the problem, then it could be a failed timer. Can replacing these parts be a do-it-yourself operation, or should I call a repair person? Thanks!

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
Re: Maytag Centennial Washer Model MVWC6ESWW0 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:52:14 AM »
You should be able to do that repair. Timers seldom go bad, but they do. The ATC switch goes bad often. I would start with it. Part number W10179666
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

Offline shirl

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
Thank you. After a few loads in which the agitator started right away, the washer went back to normal again! This has happened in the past...I even had a service appointment a couple years ago, which I canceled because the same thing happened. Asked my husband if he felt like replacing a part, and he said NO (and he's much better at "mechanical stuff" than I am!). Also, the machine will be 8 years old in a couple months, so is it getting close to replacement time?? Thanks again!

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »
That's a "direct drive" Whirlpool designed washer. Don't replace it. Keep fixing it. It's one of the last of the best.