Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: maytag Atlantis MAV 6200AWW stopped during load and now completely dead  (Read 1590 times)

Offline joebass

• VIP Member

Hello everyone,

I have a maytag Atlantis MAV 6200AWW washer that stopped during a heavy load.  I restarted the washer, turning the timer to the spin cycle (as that's where it had stopped) and it completed the load.  However, afterward, now it is completely dead.... no fill, no action anywhere on the timer.  I ordered a replacement timer, and still nothing, so I have eliminated that.  I have checked the outlet and have good clean a/c coming in.  I have unplugged it for a few days and still nothing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  What would cause the unit to not fill?

thanks

-j

Offline Bailey

• Technician
Re: maytag Atlantis MAV 6200AWW stopped during load and now completely dead
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
Check the lid switch

Offline joebass

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »
I checked the lid... it seems fine.   Could a clogged water intake cause problems with the solenoid that would cause the whole machine to shut off like this?  I do have a lot of iron in my water.....

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
Check the lid switch
YES make sure lid switch is good will cause no fill. Also is this part on the lid http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cam-w10814230-ap5985066.html

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Did you get it fixed?

Offline joebass

• VIP Member
Y'all were right, it was the lid switch! EVen though the old one made 2 clicking sounds, when I removed the switch it had a rattling broken part inside. I made a bypass jumper and the machine sprang to life.  Ordered a used lid switch for $9 off ebay, and everything is back 100%.  Thanks for the help!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
That's great! Thanks for the update.