Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Water Leaking from Bottom Freezer Drawer LG Model #LMX25981ST  (Read 733 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Water Leaking from Bottom Freezer Drawer LG Model #LMX25981ST
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »

Looking into my Buddies 4 Door Stainless Steel LG Fridge for him. He says this LG 4 Door Fridge Model#LMX25981ST is Leaking water out of the Bottom Freezer compartment on to the floor. He thinks its the indoor icemaker and says there are sometimes sheets of ice layering the bottom freezer compartment along with dripping water in front of Fridge?

I'm thinking blocked drain in bottom freezer? Is this Fridge part of the new kit that LG wants you to install because the drain line freezes over and there's no where for the water to go after defrost mode? Please inform. Thank You for the help.

Offline Risen

• Technician
Re: Water Leaking from Bottom Freezer Drawer LG Model #LMX25981ST
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »
No service flashes. Just a common frozen/clogged drain. take off the evap cover defrost drain and clean drain tube in the rear.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
Finally found the fix on this 4 Door LG Stanless Steel French Door Refrigerator that my Buddy had issues with Ice Sheets and Water found laying in the bottom 4 Door Freezer Drawer. Problem was a clogged Drain Tube in the Very Bottom and Back of Machine where it empties and drains into the Evaporator Pan. LG has the Drain tube wrap tied to evaporator coil and pan but they also have a Black Slotted Cap on the end that just allows water to leak down and thru the pan and the tube. Problem existed that when the Freezer went into Defrost Mode the Water Drained into the Freezer Drain Tube but it was clogged with Debris from Refrigerator and Freezer that blocked the water that tried to drain into the Evaporator pan so the water had no where to drain so it over-flowed then froze back up after the freezer came out of Defrost Mode. Check out the pictures and Video I shot what I found and how I fixed the Problem!

After removing debris the Freezer no longer leaks or has sheets of ice forming. I'd recommend removing the slotted Black Cap on the end of the Drain Tub that leads into the Evaporator pan this will allow Debris to flow into the pan along with the water. (CHECK OUT THE PICS) !!  ALL FIXED

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:00:09 AM »
Here's some pictures and video