Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire 24 inch apartment size fridge model FFET1222QW,the fridge not running  (Read 1949 times)

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983

My customer's fridge did not run,the control has five leds ,the position indicates what setting it's set on.No led is on,nothing is running.The customer turned off the breaker for five minutes,turned it on again,the middle led is lit again,the compressor is running,the evaporator fan is also running(a bit noisy).After about 2 hours,the control led blanked out again,nothing is running.She re-booted the breaker again,the fridge ran another hour with the middle control led on.After some time,the control led was blank again,nothing was running.I noticed the evaporator fan blade was stiff with 12 volt dc power on.I had to give the blade a push to make the fan run.The blade is not blocked by anything,it is free.Sometimes the fan blade would go when energised.When the fan blade did not turn when energised,that was the time when the control led went blank and the fridge would not run.My question is,why woud the evaporator fan blade go stiff when 12 volt dc was applied?A new fan motor takes a few weeks to come.Has anyone had this problem before?Why would the stuck fan motor cause the computer to blank out the control led and shut down the fridge?Does the computer sense the stalled motor current and trip the control power,and blank the led and stop the fridge?This fridge is only 2 years old.Please help!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Hi shillion, sorry no one had any help for you.
Did you ever have a chance to figure out what was wrong with it?

Online shillion

• Technician
Hello AJ,thank you for enquiring the progress of this repair.I am quite surprised nobody has experience with this fridge.I was told this is a throw-away fridge,people had so much problem with them,they just throw them away.I actually had 2 fridges like this .One of them just ran 2 days ,then the control was blank.Normally one of the five indicating lites would be lit to show what setting it's on.Mine ran 2 days and the control went blank.All I have to do is unplug for a short time and plug it back in,it will work again.Just like re-booting.I almost give up on this fridge.I have a new evaporator fan motor on order,will put it in to see whether it will work properly.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Yeah, it's funny how just unplugging and plugging things back in gets them going again.
Please let us know how you turn out with the new fan motor. Thanks for the update.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
I would recommend in most cases - Place unit in a diagnostic mode that way you can eliminate various components beyond the control board. It's not unheard of for a faulty control board to have an adverse effect on the DC evaporator motor. As an example sometimes a GE motherboard can make an evaporator fan motor kind of whistle and change speeds abruptly.   On Whirlpool sometimes it can cause the user interface to go blank or partially blank, and also effect interior lights. Sometimes you just have to take an educated guess on that. Hope this helps for the future.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:48:46 AM by haroldsappliance »

Online shillion

• Technician
Thank you Harold,I don't think this fridge has a diagnostic mold.I am still waiting for the fan motor to come.

Offline lkyyun

• VIP Member
Please kindly update after you have replaced the evaporator fan. I too have issues with this fridge. Same exact problem. Actually replaced the temperature control already. Works fine for a few days, then control goes blank. Reset the power, it will then work for another few days before it goes blank again. Clueless on what is going on now.

Online shillion

• Technician
I will certainly  update this post after I got it working.

Offline pedro_uno

• VIP Member
Hi shillion, do you have an update on your repair?  I am having similar problems with same model.  Fridge was not cooling properly.  Unplugged & plugged in again and then working properly.  Then a terrible smell coming from the back.  Have you solved your issue?  Thanks.

Online shillion

• Technician
Sorry I haven't installed the fan motor yet because of time
.I will put it in and test the fridge.Because it's in my home, there's no rush.Bad procrastination? Will report back as soon as I get It done.

Offline YM

• VIP Member
Hi Shillion, did you finally be able to figure out about the problem? I have the same problem with the same model of fridge. Hoping to hear your update 🙏

Offline ElectricianServices

• VIP Member
    • India Property Clinic
You can use this method as of my knowledge. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and turn both the fridge and freezer controls to Off or 0 inside the fridge. And if having any issues with your electrical appliances get help from Electrician Services.

https://www.indiapropertyclinic.com/services/electrician-near-me