Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KitchenAid/Whirlpool dishwasher pump hoses and clamps  (Read 722 times)

Offline derekjl

• VIP Member
KitchenAid/Whirlpool dishwasher pump hoses and clamps
« on: January 19, 2017, 12:44:06 AM »

Greetings, this is my first post so please bear with me. We have a KitchenAid KUDE70FXSSS dishwasher with the infamous defective pump hoses/clamps. After significant research online, it appears that Whirlpool has updated these parts with "beefier" clamps and one of the hoses (the one prone to falling off the pump) now has 3 clamp spaces instead of just two (one for each side). So, I have ordered part W10168824 which appears to include the inlet and outlet hoses, clamps, and new hanger. There appears to be various sizes of clamps, but all very close in size. So I don't have to do this more than once, I am simply looking for the directions or any type of technical bulletin to show exactly which clamp goes where. I have "Jerry-rigged" the pump clamp temporarily with one from Home Depot, but want to do this official fix. Since I am not a tech, I have no access to instructions or technical info. I only ask because this kit was $120 and I really don't want it to be for nothing. I appreciate any help greatly!

P.S. The only technical bulletin I could find looks to be when Whirlpool first tried to fix the issue, I am sure it has been superseded at least once. The "old" one is W10547922.

Picture of exact kit I ordered attached, as you can see, it is hard to tell which clamps go where...at least I think so.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: KitchenAid/Whirlpool dishwasher pump hoses and clamps
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 05:25:54 AM »
instruction sheet attached for the org fix the other hose and clamps are remove and replace with correct size clamps
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:29:00 AM by mz3own »

Offline derekjl

• VIP Member
Re: KitchenAid/Whirlpool dishwasher pump hoses and clamps
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 10:39:52 PM »
instruction sheet attached for the org fix the other hose and clamps are remove and replace with correct size clamps

Thank you for that! Looks pretty simple. Do you think it would be easier if I just laid the dishwasher on it's back and did the repair like that or do you think it is a must to take the entire motor/sump out? Do you feel these newer style clamps will actually be a long-term or permanent fix? Looks like the original clamps were crimp style, then the modified one was a worm gear clamp (which I have heard of failing as well), now these new ones look really fancy (and very expensive). Thanks!