Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: HE error code on LG dishwasher mdl# LDF9932ST  (Read 3400 times)

Offline karenpking

• VIP Member
HE error code on LG dishwasher mdl# LDF9932ST
« on: January 16, 2017, 06:30:56 PM »

Hi there! We have a LG dishwasher, mdl# LDF9932ST, that is flashing the error code HE. We unplugged it and tried to run a load but the error code appeared again. My husband replaced the heating element, reinstalled, and ran another cycle but the error code occurred again. It seems to run through most of the cleaning but stops towards the end without draining the remaining water. What else could be wrong? I've read that maybe the timer or the thermometer. What do ya'll think? Major thanks in advance!!!

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: HE error code on LG dishwasher mdl# LDF9932ST
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:34:29 AM »
Check the wiring from the control board to the heater.

Did you check the original heater with a meter?
Did you check the replacement heater for resistance before installing it? It would not be the first time a replacement heater was bad.

I am assuming that the error only appears at the end of of the cycle.
If the heater and the wiring are good then odds are that it is a control board problem.
The reason I think this is that the unit seems to work (heat the water correctly) for the wash cycle.

If you do not have the operators manual go to LG and download it.
It should show the water temperatures so you could tryn a cycle with a lower rinse temperature.

PS: I am assuming that nothing has been changed recently with your hot water system.
It still would not hurt tom check the hot water temperature. It should be at least 120 degrees F.
If not it may be taking too long to get to the rinse set temperature and that give an HE error.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:12 AM »
Page 53 in this manual talks about your code don't know if it applies to you but here it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i5KqMA2RZwR3dMSXBVLTNPOEU/view?usp=sharing

Offline elmrfudd

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:18:55 PM »
Hi there! We have a LG dishwasher, mdl# LDF9932ST, that is flashing the error code HE. We unplugged it and tried to run a load but the error code appeared again. My husband replaced the heating element, reinstalled, and ran another cycle but the error code occurred again. It seems to run through most of the cleaning but stops towards the end without draining the remaining water. What else could be wrong? I've read that maybe the timer or the thermometer. What do ya'll think? Major thanks in advance!!!
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I had the same issue with my LG dishwasher. It was NOT the element, thermistor, control board, or bad wiring that was causing the problem. Lo and behold, it was a $.95 cent door latch micro switch that failed. I believe this is the FIRST thing you need to check BEFORE you spend a lot more money on a control board or heating element. CHECK FOR FAILED LATCH SWITCHES FIRST!