Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WED6200SW1 dryer keeps blowing thermal fuse  (Read 545 times)

Offline Freckleface

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WED6200SW1 dryer keeps blowing thermal fuse
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:00:02 PM »

WED6200SW1 dyer keeps blowing thermal fuse. I have changed it 2 times and each time it dries 2 loads of clothes then blows again. I get a code F25, since means inlet thermistor is open. I have changed the high limit fuse, the inlet thermistor, control board, thermal fuse twice, and the outlet thermistor twice. I at my wits end, got any suggestions? I have put so much time and money into trying to fix the dryer I don't really want to call a repairman now.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool WED6200SW1 dryer keeps blowing thermal fuse
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:24:46 AM »
Have you tried running the Dryer without the Vent line connected? Did you check to see if the Heating Element is not grounding out of the frame of the Element housing. Take your OHM Meter and put one lead on each leg of the heating element and check for continuity then take one lead and place the lead on the frame and the other lead on one leg of the heating element - do you get continuity (if so - your heating element is grounding to the frame and needs to be either replaced or repaired). Check the other leg side also. Let us know - something is not right!