Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung (RFG298HDRS/XAA) French Door in door water dispenser keeps stopping  (Read 2057 times)

Offline cliftonf

• VIP Member

Four year old Samsung (RFG298HDRS/XAA) French Door in door water dispenser keeps stopping or releases water very slowly.
There is plenty of water pressure and I did purchase a new Samsung brand filter to replace the 4 month old filter that was in it just to make sure it wasn't somehow a filter issue.

Usually when it stops working, I can pull out the filter, fill a glass with water, then stick the filter back in and it will work for days or even weeks until it stops again.

When it stops, I can hear what sounds like a small pump running when the water dispenser flap is pressed like it is trying to work, but a stuck valve or something is preventing water from coming out.

Recently, instead of stopping completely, the water flow is slow. Same pull the filter trick will temporarily resolve the issue.

It might be worth noting that sometimes, when I pull and re-install the filter, there is a lot of pressure on the little valves in the filter assembly and I have to push hard to get it to go back in and other times, there is no pressure ?

Because of this, I started researching "Water Inlet Valve" assemblies and had a day off today and decided to find the thing and hopefully get the correct part number off it so I could order one.

Unfortunately, this model fridge does not have the "Water Inlet Valve" in the rear lower right side of the housing so it must be inside and possibly part of the water tank / water filter assembly ? ( water filter is in between the veggie drawers in middle inside of fridge )

I tried to find a service manual for this thing on line but could not locate one that doesn't charge a fee.

I'd like to know if anyone has seen this behavior before and knows what the issue might be ?

Also, I'd like to see a service manual so I can see how the thing comes apart, and part numbers so I know what to order. Anybody have access to one ?

Since I hear the "pump noise" when no water is coming out, I assume I can rule out the control panel as being part of the issue ?

Seems like there is a valve that is getting stuck or a solenoid that operates the valve that is failing or something like that ?

Offline bagjr387

• Technician
Some of the samsung units have a small solenoid behind the user interface right on the water line.   I think it's to prevent dripping.   That maybe what's causing your issue but I currently can't get on to samsungs site to tell you for sure

Offline bagjr387

• Technician
Oh and yes. The valve is all included with the water tank assembly

Offline cliftonf

• VIP Member
Thanks bagr387.

I was recently updating a post on my Samsung washer and I realized I never updated this post on the refrigerator so I figured I should update this to help the next guy.

I ended up ordering the entire water tanks assembly from AppliancePartsPros.com (DA97-11435A(AP5331250)) for $155.

That was in December 2017 and it has been working fine ever since. (TIP: Just cut the water tubes on the back of the refrigerator and use shark bytes to splice in the new ones.)