Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Need Service Maual & Help for Slow Spinning Hotpoint WLW3700BALWH  (Read 1291 times)

Offline wjgrange

• VIP Member

Washer Make:  Hotpoint (GE)
Washer Model No.:  WLW3700BALWH
Washer Serial No.:  ZL107026H

Hello,

I own the above washer. Very recently, it started to spin only slowly when in a spin cycle, so that I have to manually ring out large quantities of water from the clothes when the washing cycle is complete. I believe the rest of the washing cycle is occurring normally, however that is based solely on the condition of the clothes (clean) when they come out and NOT because I have paid particular attention.

I read somewhere online that a blocked hose to some pressure sensing module could cause this, but that was on a generic forum and not particular to my machine.

I am looking for help in diagnosing and repairing the problem. I am also looking for a copy of the service manual, so I can get the part names correct when discussing it with people here.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: Need Service Maual & Help for Slow Spinning Hotpoint WLW3700BALWH
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:24:40 AM »
Wow! That washer is 34 years old. (manufactured in december 1982) I couldn't locate a service manual for that relic. It's most likely a clutch problem. This washer has a 2 speed clutch with inner and outer shoes and drums. I'm not even sure the parts are all available. I was able to find clutch assemblies on Ebay, mostly used. (WH49X265) for $100 - $130. I also found a motor/clutch assembly (WH49X271) for $180. I would suggest buying a new washer.

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »
 :rofl: Light reading???  :rofl:

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
That machine brings back memories. O0

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 01:40:12 PM »
Wish I had buck for every one I worked on.  ::)

Offline wjgrange

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:52 AM »

Thank you both for your input. I truly appreciate the help. I have one more brief question:

DOES ANY OF YOUR RESOURCE LITERATURE TELL YOU WHAT THE CAPACITY OF THIS WASHER IS?

I am looking to replace this washer, but my preliminary online research revealed that washer capacities for top loaders these days range from slightly over 3.0 cu. ft. to almost 5.0 cu. ft. I would like a washer about as big (capacity) as my current one (the Hotpoint WLW3700BALWH). So, WHAT IS THE LOAD CAPACITY OF A HOTPOINT WLW3700BALWH IN CU. FT.?

Thank you again for your help!!!

-Bill

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »
Not sure on the capacity of your older washer. Wondering what you ended up purchasing and how does it's capacity compare to your old washer?