Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG - LDF6810ST with LE error code  (Read 816 times)

Offline BobOrr

• VIP Member
LG - LDF6810ST with LE error code
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »

I know this has been asked to death, and I have read all the post here since I just joined. I have an LG - LDF6810ST dishwasher with the LE code. Short story, there was no reading on the power board so I replaced it and it started working. You could see where a resister got hot, don't know why. Anyway, after it started to work I got the LE code, did all the research, pulled all the wires and checked them, OHM check the main metal motor and it reported bad, replaced it, and resealed and cleaned the entire sump so basically it is as new. Plugged it in, hit the power button, set the wash cycle, filled with water and I walked away for a few minutes and returned to see the LE error code again. I OHM checked every wire through the door, new computer board, new motor, so what else can it be. I have read everything I can find and done everything I have read to do. Any suggestions other than a new dishwasher?  Oh, did the door switch also, and have the 5 button selector bought and on the way. :'(
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:31:51 PM by BobOrr »

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Re: LG - LDF6810ST with LE error code
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:57:48 PM »
  Did you replace just the motor or the sump assembly? There is a diverter motor attached to the motor/sump assembly that can cause errors. Sometimes water gets into the diverter motor.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-motor-assembly-ac-4681ed3001d-ap5243567.htm
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:00:05 PM by MajorApp »

Offline BobOrr

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 08:07:10 AM »
 I did not replace the diverter motor. I put all new seals and O-rings in the sump, and installed a new sump pump motor. I will check the diverter now. I guess I was under the impression the sump motor had to circulate the water for the diverter to work.    I am going through it all again today, I really appreciate the feedback.   :thanks:

Offline mdelvecchio

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »
I have this same dishwasher and problem. I inspected the entire wire harness in the door panel, up to the control board and saw no broken wires and taped up spots where it was pressing into the sound dampening material. Error persisted. Then I replaced the entire sump assembly. Error persisted.

Argh. From what I've seen elsewhere the next step is to replace the PCB control board. Has anyone had this be the solution?

Offline BobOrr

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »
 Well let me just throw this at you, I know this is an old thread, or at least my part is. I did everything that you are fixin to do, replaced the sump pump, several electrical parts, a couple circuit boards in the door, nothing worked. Was ready to junk the thing, as I had already traced every wire on the thing.

Well, when all else fails, do it again with beer! I took it all apart again, the door - traced every wire again, this made the third time. I don't know how but I did find broken wires that time. What I think happened is the wires in the black crap, short out because of the heat. When you meter them they show good, until you get them out and really crank them around, then they will separate. I was about to garbage it, but Bernie Little, and some patience got me through it, made my wife so happy she paid for the beer! After I had spent 285.00 and change on parts I didn't need.  :tickedoff:

Offline mdelvecchio

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:42 AM »
Nice! My SO didn't realize I'd spent nearly $200 on the sump assembly and would prefer to have spent it on a new one. Argh.

I haven't gone so far as to meter the wires, just inspected them for breaks. How do you meter them? Since it's one big wiring harness I don't know what I'd do if a meter showed one bad other than replace the entire hardness...which is another $110. Snaking it thru everywhere sounds like a pain but it's rated as only a 2 out of 4 job. RepairClinic.com offers a return on parts so I'll call them and see I can return it if that's not it. Only thing left would be the PCB.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Wire-Harness/6877DD1002A/1268324?modelNumber=LDF6810ST%2f01
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:12:10 AM by mdelvecchio »

Offline BobOrr

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
 I just used a regular digital multimeter. I cut some safety pins and soldered them to the ends so I could stick the small wires without splitting them. After I fixed everything I got an a\c filter like goes in a wall unit, the real coarse\stiff kind and cut it and put it where the wires all run to keep them from touching the black crap and any metal. Knock on wood it has ran like a new one since...