Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore spin issue  (Read 689 times)

Offline Aaron12345

• VIP Member
Kenmore spin issue
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »

Hello,
My washer is an older Kenmore Model 110 - 82873120. As it cycles, when it comes to rinse or spin, the drum doesn't move but you can hear what sounds like the motor humming/spinning. If I shut it off with the knob then immediately turn it back on, it makes a loud click, then will start spinning. Everything else works OK - fill, drain, agitate, etc. But the spinning cycle needs this manual assist.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Aaron
abergman@live.com

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Kenmore spin issue
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
Timer allows the washer to pump out the water and then the timer pauses ( stops ) the washer so the neutral drive in the gearbox can reset for spinning, and when the timer allows the washer to start back up again the pumping will continue and spinning will occur.    So there has to be a pauses or complete stop of the washer before spin. You pushing in timer and it stops is simulating this.  Check to see if there is a pause or stop after draining. If not you have a bad timer.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:53:53 AM by dab147315 »

Offline Aaron12345

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore spin issue
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:20:15 PM »
That's good to know. I don't remember the machine pausing between cycles but if it does, that would explain a lot.
Thanks for the response.