Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Noticed water flow in washer a trickle when hot water is called for.  (Read 1027 times)

Offline adamant

• VIP Member

I don't normally do the wash .   i noticed on hot cycle it was only coming out of trickel .. it that normal? Is there an inline screen at the spicket where the hose attaches anyone know? The first picture is Coldwater the second picture is hot water cycle

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Noticed water flow in washer a trickle when hot water is called for.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:26:13 AM »
Shut off the water then disconnect the hoses at the washer end.  Point the hoses into the washer, then turn the water on in each one to see what kind of flow you have in each.  With an old toothbrush or something similar, brush out the screen at each connection at the back of the washer.  Reconnect, and if you still don't get decent flow, replace the fill valve.

Offline Dave Appliance tech

• VIP Member
  • Favorite Customer Quote. "Its urgent you fix it!"
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
Also check to make sure your hoses do not have inline filters in them also.

Let us know how it turns out.

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 08:08:35 AM »
Yes every inlet valve I have seen has a screen. The reason is so a little spec of debris can not flow in and stop the plunger from re seating allowing an overflow over fill sticking valve type condition. Yours is likely dirty. SOme hoses have screens as well, I have never seen any or at least noticed them. ALso, the flood safe hoses can cause lack of flow if they have tripped or failed.  O0 O0

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »
Agreed, but based on the color of your tub your water has HEAVY IRON Content. More than likely blocked valve and seat. Let us know what you find.