Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Model GDF610PM series - Current Sensor Keeps Tripping  (Read 2680 times)

Offline sucram

• VIP Member
GE Model GDF610PM series - Current Sensor Keeps Tripping
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »

GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ0ES

"Current Sensor Module" is tripping (?)

This would be the third time this thing has tripped - GE repair service has come twice.  First time they re-set it with their laptop, on the second visit, the guy discovered that the hot and neutral wires were swapped (thank you "GE authorized install service... Grrr..), so they fixed that, and replaced the circuit board, and stated that it shouldn't do that again..... -but it did.  Called GE, they were "booked", but sent a local company out, who scratched their head and said they would order a new circuit board, and keypad, but -and I quote "not sure that will prevent it from happening again".  He had no idea as to why it would happen in the first place.

It shuts down during the first filling cycle, and everything turns off... -no power at all.  Holding down the start button for 10 seconds does nothing, un-plugging and re-plugging in does nothing. There WAS a point (back in August) where I held a bunch of buttons down at once, and got power, but I had no idea which ones to hit next (and subsequently, trying a few buttons doesn't do anything, and there's nothing in the manual that came with the dishwasher.

If anyone has any clues, I'd really appreciate it... 

Thanks-

Marcus

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: GE Model GDF610PM series - Current Sensor Keeps Tripping
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 10:01:02 AM »
I hate these type of calls. In most cases I've had to replace the entire wire harness and every electrical component.

If the CSM trips during fill, check for a short to ground on the low voltage side. Check all wires to make ssure they're not pinched.

the only way tto get it to run is to run diagnostics. The tech sheet is located on the left adjuster leg.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline sucram

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »
Well thank you!  I opened the kickplate, and the tech sheet was sitting all folded up, all nice and hap-hazzardly - like they had glanced at it, and put it back.  There's EVEN a paragraph IN there that SAYS if it trips multiple times, that there is an underlying issue (wiring, or a leak), and until it's resolved, there is the likelihood potential impending disaster....  (well, I'm paraphrasing, but still :)   

I can't believe they didn't trouble shoot everything - and even worse, they didn't tell me how to reset the friggin' thing. Just for the record, in case anyone else out there has the same issue - press the Cycle Select & Start button for 5 seconds, and you'll get the lights to all come back on again. Press the cycle select button for each cycle you want to go to, and then press Start.  In my case, the dishwasher was full of water (for a week now), so I went to the empty cycle -which it did just fine.  Everything is reset, so I can run the dishwasher again (which I'm not sure I should...).  The repair service just called and said they can't come until NEXT Monday (another week!) to install this board -which the tech sheet says NOT TO DO unless everything has been troubleshot, which they obviously haven't done.  Wow.

So, the issue right now is, what do I do next?? Can I call the store and get a complete replacement? Will they even do that?

Thanks!

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »
Try to exchange it. Three hits counts as a lemon in most states. If the store won't swap it escalate.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »
What was the final fix? I have a dishwasher that is doing the same exact thing. Replaced the mother board but still shutting down mid cycle. No error codes??

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 09:08:41 AM »
WD21X24797    WD05X24776 I heard they had a bad batch of heating elements don't know if this is true or not but this service bulletin makes you thinks that's true and best to replace board and heater, but bulletin says upgrade the sum, but that is expense to. Better to get new board. Anybody else heard anything?? Make sure that bulletin applies to your Model & Serial