Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: How to open the top lid of the Cabrio WTW660sb3  (Read 1918 times)

Offline bk2

• VIP Member
How to open the top lid of the Cabrio WTW660sb3
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »

I am trying to open the top lid of my washer and can't get the lid to release using a putty knife to release the clips. Am I missing something?

Offline bk2

• VIP Member
Re: How to open the top lid of the Cabrio WTW660sb3
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 06:43:43 PM »
I meant the Cabrio WTW6600, not 660....

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »
Front spring clips probably rusted.  Spray with penetrating oil, wait then take a stiff putty knife & tap sharply with a harmer 6 to 8 inches from side.  Inline with lid edges.
Also you can take screws from hinges off & slide lid forward
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:47:24 PM by Patricio »
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Offline RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:59:37 PM »
I may be wrong but this model may not have front clips . On some of the newer models you need to go around behind the machine ,remove the 2 ,1/4 screws from either side of the hinge and push the top forward about 1/2 an inch ...then lift the top slightly and reinstall the back hinges .

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 07:23:11 AM »
Front spring clips probably rusted.  Spray with penetrating oil, wait then take a stiff putty knife & tap sharply with a harmer 6 to 8 inches from side.  Inline with lid edges.
Also you can take screws from hinges off & slide lid forward
you were right first time. Two spring clips about 3-4inches in from each side that requires a putty knife to be pressed in(twards back of machine)so the lid can be pulled up.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 12:02:46 AM »
I may be wrong but this model may not have front clips . On some of the newer models you need to go around behind the machine ,remove the 2 ,1/4 screws from either side of the hinge and push the top forward about 1/2 an inch ...then lift the top slightly and reinstall the back hinges .

ran into these. they be like the VMW PAIN in butt, especially doing bearing change :tickedoff: ;D Bi Polar
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.