Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool washer - removing the wash impeller plate  (Read 2905 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Whirlpool washer - removing the wash impeller plate
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:47:00 PM »

Hey everyone, Does anyone have a easy way to remove a stuck wash impeller plate on a Whirlpool washer?  There is not enough room to get your fingers under it and lift it off.  I finally got it off with 2 pocket screwdrivers and wiggled it back and forth.  Now my back has been killing me for the last couple of days from trying to pull it up.  There has to be a easier way.  If anyone has a neat little trick to get these off, please let me & other techs know.  Thanks for any help you can give us.  Tom   

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool washer - removing the wash impeller plate
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:54:34 AM »
2x4 across the top of the tub. Ratchet strap wrapped down under the wash plate and over the top of the 2x4. Tighten

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »
Thanks!  I was just looking for a good way to do this!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 09:51:41 AM »
Not sure if they will fit under the place on the machine you mentions but there is a product called WINBAG that may help you to get it off in the future. I just bought 2 of them and they work very well under the agaitators of Speed Queen units. They are available at Lowes and Home Depot. They will slide in an opening of about 1/8". Really slick !!!

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 10:02:51 AM »
When I worked for a towing company we used those to open cars.  You can slide it in the top of the door, pump it up, and get your hook on the handle/lock/lockbutton.