Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: 1E pressure switch error the day after replacing drain pump are they connected?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline maestroc

• VIP Member

Yesterday I replaced the drain pump in our SamsungWA5471ABW/XAA top load washer. Everything went back together fine with the only exception being that the final piece of tubing between the pump and the back of the machine (to the outlet hose) was very slightly kinked but water still goes through fine it seemed.

Ran a couple of loads through it last night and everything seemed fine. Today when we try to run a load after pressing start the pump runs a second then a 1E error comes up on the display. The pump continues to try to drain the tub even though there is nothing in it and continues until we press the power button.

1E apparently stands for something wrong with the water pressure sensor. My question is that is there a chance the two could be connected or is it just a fluke that the pressure sensor goes bad a few hours after I replace the drain pump? Any ideas?

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
I tried to find a manual for this fast track but could not.  IF  E1 is pressure sensor related.  Then you need a fast track or manual that tells you how to put this unit into diagnostics, to read the water level, read out.  The pressure sensors sends a Hertz signal to one board and then that board sends the signal to the other board.

So the pressure signal may not be getting there because of a bad pressure switch.

or switch is good but boards, stacked on each other are not communicating

I had one of these samsungs, had the right signal out of pressure switch, and it displayed the correct numbers in the test.

But it was not communicating between the two boards, and I never found out how you could determine which board was failed, with out buying one or the other.  My customer did not want to buy either, and play the board swap game.

hopefully some one can get you a fast track to test the pressure switch.
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzIiBNwRIV4NcTdGSkV2VVlnczg

here is the manual,

use the search feature window just put in the  letters and first numbers of Mod  and it will give you some post on here to read.
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner