Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG LSC27950ST water line replacement that goes underneath french door fridge  (Read 501 times)

Offline chimchim

• VIP Member

Developed a leak on my 10 year old side-by-side fridge/freezer. Upon popping off the bottom front cover, I see where the white 5/16"OD tube(next to the smaller blue tube) is split. There isn't enough space to put a coupler since it's close to where the lines feed in the channel so I need to replace the tube that attaches under the front left door, underneath the fridge, to where it is connected on the valve accessible on the rear of the unit. I can't seem to pull the tube out of the channel and I did not want to yank hard since I don't want to break the blue line as well. Anyone know how this line comes out so I can replace it?  Please do not tell me I have to take all of the food out and tip it on its side/back to access it. Thanks!  :cheers:

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
if you have it disconnected from the door you will need to pull the fridge out of it's location. Remove the back cover. Remove the screw that allows the water valve to move pull the valve out and disconnect the 5/16" water line from the valve. Once disconnected from the valve you should be able to pull the water line out.