Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Neptune Mah8700AWW  (Read 1035 times)

Offline ttennis

• VIP Member
Maytag Neptune Mah8700AWW
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »

I have a Maytag Neptune washer about 10 years old.  Was working fine until we moved.  Once installed at our new house it immediately was having problems balancing.   It completed about 2 loads with a noisy rough balance, but the 3rd load it started giving an error code of nd and would not unlock.  By pressing buttons I finally got it unlocked and started the load over.  It would get so far but then would stop on 'nd'..We took apart the hoses/pump and drained everything thinking maybe there was a block.  Tried spin only cycle, and it would start to spin but then stop and only tumble back and forth.  Not sure if it's the pump, or something happened with the drum while moving it, without shipping bolts..:/ I don't want to dump a bunch of money to fix it due to it's age, but I don't want to buy a new one either.  Any ideas what to troubleshoot first?  :thanks:

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Maytag Neptune Mah8700AWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:17:17 PM »
Okay, here's my guess.  In moving one or more of the support struts (shocks) broke or came off, allowing the tub to bang around on your first two (noisy) washes,  and in bouncing around the pressure hose was damaged or pulled off either the sensor or air bell end,  so that it can no longer sense any water level change, which triggers the nd code and shuts the machine down.  Check those and I think you'll find your problem.

Offline ttennis

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »
Thank you..my husband will check when he gets home. I'll let you know..:)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:09:48 AM »
 :popcorn: