Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Electrolux French Door Refrigerator E23BC78IPS9 Ice Maker leaking question  (Read 700 times)

Offline Drew74

• VIP Member

Hi all-

I have a Electrolux Icon E23BC78IPS9 model, and the icemaker is in the fresh food section. I've had leaks in the ice maker - the water is leaking and freezing in the ice maker housing, underneath the removable ice tray.

I disassembled the ice maker, and replaced the evaporator housing, oem part 242094401, which had a crack/whole in the bottom. In addition, I replaced all the gasket/stripping, oem part 5303918737 to prevent warm air intrusion. Previously, I replaced the ice maker itself, oem part 243297603.

The replacement parts helped stop a lot of the water that was freezing underneath the removable ice tray, and in the housing, but it hasn't stopped it completely. My guess is the water that is coming into the ice maker cube tray is somehow bouncing off the ice cube section, and spraying around the removable ice maker or something else is going on.

Any ideas on what part or what adjustment should be made to solve this problem?

You help is much appreciated.

Thanks,