Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Motor Speed Sensor Correct Orientation? (Laundry Center) GTUP270EM4WW  (Read 5130 times)

Offline garyjersey

• VIP Member

Im trying to replace the speed sensor on the washing motor which was torn of the motor by some laundry that feel down into the cabinet. Im not sure I am replacing it correctly as i didnt see which way it was mounted before.

Does anyone know if the chip is to face the motor or the impeller?

Thank you.

Also when the washer fills it attempts to agitate but stops like 2 seconds after and the wash light blinks while the lid lock light is on.

The lid locks and unlocks fine but could that be a symptom of a bad lid switch. It cad a locked rotor code but after i replaced the sensor and cleared the codes no codes come up after it stops working.

Any ideas?

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
There is a manual for this model in the Google drive. See this post for how to access it: http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=12032.0 The manual you seek is 31-9208.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair

Offline garyjersey

• VIP Member
Re: GE Motor Speed Sensor Correct Orientation? (Laundry Center) GTUP270EM4WW
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:51:22 AM »
Was a bad speed sensor after all. I installed the sensor upside down.

Note, the chip needs to face the impeller.

Next time I will use my glasses.