Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Washer leaves clothes wet WM3360HVCA  (Read 1079 times)

Offline protivakid

• VIP Member
LG Washer leaves clothes wet WM3360HVCA
« on: July 03, 2016, 04:50:37 PM »

We have an Lg washer that is ~5 years old now model# WM3360HVCA. Since we have had it we have experienced two major problems.

The first is that it seems there is some sort of drain on the back of the machine up top in addition to the regular drain hose. From time to time water will come out of this. We have the washer sitting in one of those square tubs now so that it doesn't go all over the basement floor but last week it left an inch or two of water in the tub that I had to shop-vac out.

The second more recent problem is that clothes are now often left very wet no matter if the spin speed is set high or low. This is not just a little damp either, this is the inside-bottom of the washer having a puddle of water it failed to drain and the clothes on the bottom of the load sitting in it. We end up having to wash the load, waiting for it to finish, and then running a second "rinse and spin" cycle which usually takes care of the issue and leaves the cloths how they are supposed to be for the dryer.

Any ideas? I have already cleaned out the little drain filter on the front bottom left which didn't help at all. I am ready to junk this things and look for a non-LG replacement.

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Re: LG Washer leaves clothes wet WM3360HVCA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 11:37:28 PM »
Sounds like you have a failing drain pump. Common for LG washers. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-drain-pump-motor-4681ea2001t-ap5328388.html
The water splashing out of the air vent hose could be related.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 07:06:15 AM »
Does it sound like a train going through the house in spin cycle?
Open the door and put one hand of  the plastic outer tub so it doesn't move. With the other hand push up on the inner stainless steel tub. Does it move independent of the plastic outer tub?
If it moves at all, the tub bearing has failed and you will get your wish to buy a new one

Offline protivakid

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »
Sounds like you have a failing drain pump. Common for LG washers. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-drain-pump-motor-4681ea2001t-ap5328388.html
The water splashing out of the air vent hose could be related.

Any way to test this?

Does it sound like a train going through the house in spin cycle?
Open the door and put one hand of  the plastic outer tub so it doesn't move. With the other hand push up on the inner stainless steel tub. Does it move independent of the plastic outer tub?
If it moves at all, the tub bearing has failed and you will get your wish to buy a new one

No they both move with one another. Things feel pretty tight and no loud noises when spinning.