Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch Washer won't drain  (Read 815 times)

Offline LinusBern

• VIP Member
Bosch Washer won't drain
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »

I have a Bosch Nexxt series front load washer, (model number WFMC220RUC/15) that is giving error code E13 and doesn't drain properly. I have opened the drain trap in the front and found a few coins and such. I cleared all that out, but the problem persists.

I then removed the drain tube on the back to see if it was blocked. Water flows freely through the tube, but when I stuck a finger into the pipe it is attached to on the back of the machine it seems fairly full of gunk.

Does this seem like the source of my problem, and if so, how can I clean it out? It doesn't appear to easily detach from the machine.

Offline Caddy4343

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch Washer won't drain
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:36:43 PM »
You can try sucking the water out of the machine with a shop vac.  Contect it to the end of the drain hose.  Most likely if the pump filter is clear and you can suck water through the drain hose the problem is a bad pump.  They aren't very strong and wear out easily.

Offline anerepair

• Technician
Re: Bosch Washer won't drain
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »
Does your pump run?  If so then your issue is most likely a clog somewhere in the hose.  This one that big hose from the tub to pump and then the regular hose from the pump to rear and then to wall.  I have seen a lot where the big tub to pump hose gets gunked up so not enough water gets to pump to be pushed out.  Just be sure to hold your nose when you open that hose up.  lol