Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW0  (Read 1957 times)

Offline markcoby98

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • marks-mowers / Reasonable washer & dryer repair
Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW0
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »

This machine stops at the spin cycle, either running a cycle, test mode or the calibration test cycle. The washer tries to spin 3 times and does for about one second intervals then stops, also at this point the lid lock indicator flashes and will not unlock the lid. To unlock the lid the washer needs to unplugged then replugged back in and you will here the lock click and the lid will open. The machine also has a bad bearing sound when trying to spin. The spluch and gear look fine.
a
There were error codes for long drain and not spinning up to speed.

I replaced the mode shift actuator, but it made no difference,
also I tested the lid lock switch, and it tested out fine...

Any ideas...
I hate these POS...
Thank you for any help in advance
markcoby98

markcoby98
PEACE ☮☯☺✌

Offline markcoby98

• Technician
    • marks-mowers / Reasonable washer & dryer repair
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW0 TROUBLE SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:37:01 PM »
The basket was slipping on the transmission drive shaft, therefore causing the slow or no spin error...

Drum Mounting Hub W10324651 was striped out
and the transmission shaft splines were also severely damaged.
Besides the error codes, the slipping basket was causing a grinding noise and chatter. So I thought that the basket spin bearing was also going bad also... So...
I removed the transmission, cleaned up the damaged splines as best as I could, I also cleaned up the splined part of the
basket drive. Then I made a thin metal shim spacer to fit over
the damaged transmission splines, while coating both sides of
the shim with a loctite super glue then tapped ( with some effort ) the assembly back together, and praise the great washer God it worked!!!

I know this was a "redneck" type of repair, but my customer had already bought a mode shift actuator (WPW10006355)
to replace a faulty one, and she lived on a very tight budget.
As a matter of fact, she had discussed getting another used washer, before spending any more money on the Cabrio.
She has owned the Cabrio for about 5 years and bought it used from a rental store chain, at the time when she purchased the
Cabrio she was told that it was about two years old. She also said that for the last two years that the washer had not been spinning the loads of clothes out very well. She had a service man from the rental store there about 3 months ago, who replaced the belt, because of the spin issue. Needless to say
she did not want to sink any more money into the Cabrio as she was not all that happy with the washers performance as it was. So I did the best as I could for her. The best part was when the Cabrio spun out, she commented "thats the best thats it's ever sounded". 

markcoby98
PEACE ☮☯☺✌

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW0
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:31:47 PM »
Thanks for the update!

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW0
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:21:16 PM »
I really Hate the fact they put the Cabrio name, On a VMW.  Not even the same.  TRICKY MARKETING..

Great post and lots of helpful info.  I tried some washers on the bottom side, and had no luck. 

Making noise mid way in spin,  need to look at this more in depth. Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:24:23 PM by curjones »
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.