Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Won't Start!!! Maytag Bravos XL Dryer Model #medb750yw0  (Read 3253 times)

Offline heatherobrien

• VIP Member
Won't Start!!! Maytag Bravos XL Dryer Model #medb750yw0
« on: June 21, 2016, 02:06:19 PM »

Help!

I have a Maytag Bravos xl Dryer model #medb750yw0 that will not start.

The sound chimes when the Power button is pushed (and it lights up), but the Start button does not light up.

The Timer display has a series of four dashes across it: - - - - where the time display should be. (I have included a picture.)

Clearly there is power, but there is something going on. Any ideas?

P.S. My husband and I just fixed the problem where the Pulley-Blower had come off three weeks ago. The dryer has worked fine from then until this morning, after I finished a load. Went to dry my second load and it went like explained above. No smell. No water anywhere. Nothing behind the dryer. No lint clogged.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:07:31 PM by heatherobrien »

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Won't Start!!! Maytag Bravos XL Dryer Model #medb750yw0
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 06:28:58 AM »
Double check your lid switch is connected along with the belt pulley switch hadn't come off. There's a safety switch on the belt pulley that will shut dryer down when the belt breaks - make sure the wires are still on securely and ohm out the switch.

Offline heatherobrien

• VIP Member
Re: Won't Start!!! Maytag Bravos XL Dryer Model #medb750yw0
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 11:51:15 PM »
Thank you so much for the feedback! I appreciate it.

As it turns out, after all is said and done, it was user error. I didn't realize the knob was turned between cycle choices. How dumb am I?

However, I want to keep your reply for future reference. One never knows.