Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WSF26C3EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working  (Read 2720 times)

Offline jacknk

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool WSF26C3EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »

I put another emitter board in and nothing changed.  At step 15 in test mode I still get 01.  I am going to check out ice maker next.

Offline jacknk

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »

Tried to check the voltage across L and N and show no voltage.  This is not a good ice maker to do this test because of the depth of the holes.  Does anyone know the voltage at the plug for the ice maker.  Where do I test to see if the plug has 120?  Thanks

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 10:51:17 PM »
Read the manuals, that our fellow poster gave us.  There is not always voltage at L and N.  If 120 is NOT detected, you have to Go into Program mode step, and innate a step, to get 120 volts at  L-N.  I am learning new stuff as well, going out on a call soon on this same issue.   I dont remember which attachement had that in it, but its there.  Mini manual tech sheet should tell you how to initiate that test.

I am going to call it a Gemini Board that feeds the Emitters, 14 volts.. Think you said you checked that..  I have to get off here and to bed.  But this should get you closer.
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »
Did you get an instruction sheet with the emitter kit.  I ordered  the 4389102R emitter, and Instruction sheet 4020127 came with it. (reading that my self to prepare for the call)

I could not find the sheet on drive, but it tells you to unplug refrigerator, then jumper  T-H, and then plug in refrigerator, , close the door to align optics, harvest should begin in 5 sec, open door observe watch unit Ice maker, 

IF properly jumped and wont run, STOP TEST, check Ice maker. (Dab's attachment has another way to check the voltage, or what should enable power to L-N.  If there is no power to L_N you have a problem.  Need test leads that are long enough)

IF its working stop the test before fingers reach 10 position.

Hope this helps, welcome to the troubleshooters world, of learning and often confusion, but you CAN do it!!!!
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 04:04:55 PM »
The correct name for the board that the emitter and receiver is connected to is called the Stealth board , per W10687894. I cant edit my post after time has expired, lol,  Trying to get the info out as soon as I can.  May call it a thing of a ma bob board, but its in the manual and can get close, if you read it.. I am looking for the part in the manual, where it said how to get 120 volts to L-N.

What a way to spend Sunday still loading our minds with stuff, we cant explain to others.  LOL

 If connection is good, check voltage at connector, see figure 2. Pin 1 to pin 3 should be 14VDC.
 If there is 14VDC and optics was not reading correctly in diagnostics step 15, replace both the emitter and receiver boards.
 If 14VDC is not present, check voltage on UI (Stealth) Board.

at stealth board
 14VDC should be present between J5-1 and J5-3 (Figure 3). Check specific model wiring diagram for specific points to check.
 If voltage is present, replace fill tube (which includes the emitter/receiver wiring).
 If voltage is not present at the UI board, replace the UI board.

Here is the power to l-n issue.

Note: Depending on when the last ice harvest occurred, there may not be power to the ice maker. To test ice maker, (In diagnostic mode) go to step 25; this will give power to the ice maker.

The light switch and ice maker interlock switch will have to be held closed or taped for power to be present with freezer door open.

You will have to go to your mini manual, tech sheet and initiate step 25, and then check to see if you have voltage at L_N.

Per the instruction sheet 402127 that comes with the new boards, it leads me to believe that unplugging the unit, jumper T_h, and plug the unit back up should also supply the volts to L-n. You will want to check the volts at L-n.. No volts there after either of these two steps, procedures, then you need to inspect wire harness connections.

I replaced one Ice maker, and then had to go back later, and found out one of the terminals was loose in the plug, looked good but later on it went bad and the burn spot was now noticeable.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »
Here is the emitter instruction sheet for part number 4389102 r, link

http://www.erparts.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/er4389102instrsheet.pdf

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 05:43:19 PM »
His refrigerator uses a different emitter and receiver and is not available as a kit.

Offline AggielandApplianceRepair

• Technician
    • College Station Appliance Repair
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
Broken harness

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »
I had one like this acting strange. It ended up being the icemaker that was the problem
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline AggielandApplianceRepair

• Technician
    • College Station Appliance Repair
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »
This one drove me nuts! Took me a week to figure it out. It's easy to write the customer a check back and say f*@k it! But it was just an ice maker and if i was a good tech that i had to figure it out. Just pissed it took me a week. However one of my techs had two days in it. So five days in it.  Still pissed though lol

Whirlpool french door refrigertor with top icemaker not working

Started by tagarman

Replies: 7
Views: 2965
Last post May 03, 2016, 07:24:34 PM
by tagarman
Whirlpool Gold icemaker not working

Started by Mark L

Replies: 12
Views: 8459
Last post January 31, 2012, 08:19:02 PM
by AJ
GSF26C5EXY00 Whirlpool icemaker not working

Started by schleven

Replies: 5
Views: 4278
Last post May 08, 2013, 01:56:18 PM
by schleven
small in door Whirlpool icemaker problem

Started by schleven

Replies: 3
Views: 1618
Last post December 23, 2016, 10:11:02 PM
by schleven
Video: See if your Whirlpool Ice maker infrared optics control is working.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 83890
Last post August 01, 2007, 12:21:37 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool In-Door Ice Maker Fill Cycle

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14249
Last post September 23, 2008, 05:37:19 PM
by Al Capone