Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen Washer fill rate  (Read 682 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Speed Queen Washer fill rate
« on: June 09, 2016, 11:10:57 AM »

I have an older Speed Queen washer model NA3510W that I just acquired that seems to have a fill problem. It may have more than one problem . I hooked up the hoses for a test and although I only use a cold water supply I put a hose on the hot water inlet and clamp it off to prevent leakage.  I have done this on many other washers for test .Setting the dial for a smallest load and cold only it takes forever to fill the tub  I dont think it would stop as it brought the water level up to the top of the tub before I moved the dial manually . I have resorted to turning the dial manually to spin and it does empty the tub of water but it does not agitate to wash the load of clothes I have searched the usual places on web sites and cannot find a parts illustration that shows a fill switch and no schematic is with the machine. It is a clean unit and works well as regards spin but it does not agitate and the fill time is about 30 minutes if indeed it would ever stop. I need help to diagnose this problem and possibly find a parts listing and a schematic. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Speed Queen Washer fill rate
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:42:22 AM »
If i gave you a Tech Sheet or a Service Manual you just became a Appliance Technician!Proceed with Caution!

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:35:18 PM »
This manual will be very helpful Also I think I have found the problem area . Specificaly the hose leading from the tub accumulator device up to the pressure switch appears to be in bad shape and may be the cause of the fill switch not activating when it is supposed to turn off the water flow.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
Slow fill could be caused by the Back Flow Preventer if you ruled out the water valve.
If i gave you a Tech Sheet or a Service Manual you just became a Appliance Technician!Proceed with Caution!

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »
Thanks
I will take a look at it and hopefully it is not clogged badly as some of these older parts are hard to find