Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Maxima front load  (Read 1243 times)

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Maytag Maxima front load
« on: May 05, 2016, 09:19:26 AM »

Working on a Maytag MHW6000XW0.  Only error code was F6E1, door lock error.  Door switch showed high resistance when should have shown continuity.  Replaced door latch and still cannot get it to work.  I've checked continuity on all lock circuit wires and CCU to MCU circuit. All OK.  Can get it into diagnostics, but does not complete the test cycle.  Now once it starts the test cycle it goes from C00 thru C03 but not activating the correct circuits, then goes back to C00 but won't unlock.  it shows locked on the display, and continues to show locked even after manually unlocking it.  I've disconnected the latch completely from the CCU and display STILL shows locked.  My best guess is a bad CCU, but I've been burned on this model before with very similar symptoms.  Can anybody help???  Does anyone have the service manual???  Thanks!

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My knees hurt
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Maytag Maxima front load
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 09:46:07 AM »
I've been burned by this model as well. It could be anything. Did you clear the code after you replaced the latch? I would try the test mode a few times and see if another code comes up. I believe this model can store up to 3 codes.

Does water enter the machine during the test?

Does the motor engage at all?

Usually the door will remain locked if another fault is detected where it can't determine rotor speed or fill volume.
LowSL2
15+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:17:07 AM by dab147315 »

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Maytag Maxima front load
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:15:59 PM »
Thanks for the responses, I've set time aside to look at this one again tomorrow, and will let you know what I find out.