Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos MVWX500BVO cycle finishing early  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Fmontes

• VIP Member
Maytag Bravos MVWX500BVO cycle finishing early
« on: April 25, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »

Hello all,
My unit has recently started having an intermittent problem.
It is 16 months old and when I run a wash cycle the unit works correctly till the spin mode. I find the clothes sitting at the bottom of the tub wet on larger loads or thicker materials (denim etc).
It appears the water has been drained but the spin cycle never starts (Spin LED still lit instead of done LED).  At this point I have to initiate a drain and spin to complete the cycle.

I found the service manual on this forum, and performed an automatic test.
It returned this LED status=  Sensing (off) - Wash (off) - Rinse (off) - Spin (off) - Done (on)
This unit has no display for error fault codes on the panel.

I also  performed the manual drain test, and the pump appears to be pumping correctly.

The LED status seems to be pointing to the fact I have a main board issue. But I assume of it is a main board problem it would be consistent on every load. Any ideas as to where to look for problems? I'm not sure if it is cost efficient to replace the board on this unit.

Things I have already done:
Verified the correct height of the drain pipe on my wall.
Verified that the drain is clear of debris. None found
Removed the drain tube from the unit and verified it is clear and free flowing. None found
Removed and checked the tube from the pump to the back of the unit for debris. None found
Removed and checked the pump for debris. None found
Visually inspected the impeller for broken parts. None found.
Removed the tub from the unit to verify if any debris is clogging the drain. None found

Thanks for any help

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Maytag Bravos MVWX500BVO cycle finishing early
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »
See if you can get the codes by using this video.Also do a recalibration mode because you pull the tub.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoCjjguxRI

Offline Fmontes

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
Thanks for that video dab147315. It really cleared up the confusion about the fault/error code chart. Obviously now I was reading it wrong.

After following your instruction I  found one code: F9E1 Long Drain
I went ahead a re-ran the manual test on the pump, and It still turns off and on, However I haven't tested the pressure hose connection yet.
It's too late tonight to pull it out and inspect the hose. It' will have to wait for my next day off. Good thing all of this weeks laundry got done.   :)

Also thanks for the tip on recalibrating the unit!

Offline Tcmkek90

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 07:45:18 PM »
I ran into a similar issue with a Whirlpool front loader, turned out to be that the customer was using too much detergent. HE washers top or front load only need a maximum 1 tablespoon of detergent or 1 teaspoon if home is equipped with a water softener.

Offline Repairs.pridehvac

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 01:06:49 PM »
You found the tech sheet? What does the description say related to the error code found. It's possible you have 1 of three issues or all three. Allot of the time it's a dirty or failed tack sensor or also referred to as the actuator. Second problem may be a failed wire harness, is there a coil of red wire underneath the bottom front of the tub? Third it maybe a control issue but by this time you may have spend enough money on the other two parts that it may not be worth dumping any more money into it.