Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool french door refrigertor with top icemaker not working  (Read 5370 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hello everyone,  I am working on a Whirlpool  French door refrigerator with a top mount icemaker that is not working.  The model no. is WRX735SDBM00 and s/n. is K43002932.  The unit is only 2 years old.  I looked at this and can not figure out how to get the icemaker out.  I see a locking tab on the left side but it won't budge.  While I was playing around  with this the fan motor for the icemaker came on so I know that it works.  Maybe a bad water valve?  I do get water from the water dispenser so I also know the supply line is good.  I not sure if there is a service manual out for such a new model.  Can anyone help me with this or should I have my customer call Whirlpool factory service? 

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool french door refrigertor with top icemaker not working
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 07:49:02 PM »
take the bin out.
On the left hand side you will see a slot for a screwdriver. Put your flat head in and push down and pull forward. Now you have access to the wiring harness. Unplug the harness.
Now that tab you have been messing with side your flat head behind it so it's unlocked from the ice room.
Pull, the ice maker, auger and fan will come out in one piece.
You however can still do the standard test. valve test and forced harvest if you remove the power head cover on the ice maker.

Tech sheet attached.

mike243

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »
Take the ice bin out,close the right side door,push the left side lite switch in,if the ice maker never stops cycling replace the ice maker

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 02:55:00 PM »
Thanks for all your help.  I took off the cover and jumpered out the T & H terminals to start the cycle and it never shut off as mike243 said.  It ran thru the complete cycle without filling about 5 times.  Today I installed a new icemaker so we will see what happens.  Hope it works, if not I'll write back.  Thanks again.

mike243

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 07:01:22 PM »
You dont need to jump it out if the icemaker is bad,it wont never stop lol,hope that fixed it

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:58:24 PM »
Thanks for all your help with this icemaker.  I installed a new icemaker but could not tell if it was working since it had to get cold before it would run a cycle.  I have not heard back from the customer yet so I can assume it is working ok.  I took the old icemaker with me and took it apart later at home and found the connections on the front module were burned up.  I think we are good to go, now if I only get paid for the job!!!  Thanks again everyone!

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 05:20:53 AM »
you don't need to wait. You could have jumped it out to cycle and fill it.
What do you mean you hope you get paid. You did the work and didn't collect payment?

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »
That was just a joke.  They are very good customers that I have serviced over the years and this call was for his mothers refrigerator.  I am sure that they will send me a check very soon.