Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Cabrio WTW5500XW0  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Whittibo

• VIP Member
Cabrio WTW5500XW0
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:25 PM »

Hello everyone, I have read and read these forums and still cannot find my problem. 
I have tried to get it into diagnostic mode, but all the lights under the control knob blinked.  It seemed to be blink Blink... blink blink...etc.

Let me back up, last year I replaced the pump motor and all was well.  A few weeks ago it would get to the last spin cycle and would stop and blink.  I would use the rinse & spin to finish and all was well.

I read it could be the amount of detergent so I decreased that and it seemed to work fine all day Sunday.  Worked fine yesterday and today I tried a load and it did a weird humm,  I unplugged it and tried again.  It would sound like it tried to spin and then lid lock LED would blink.

I took off the pump to check for a blockage and there was nothing.

Now that I have done that, the lid lock keeps locking and unlocking in a series of 4.  I have sprayed water on it to clean it incase something was making it sticky. 

So now I am stuck with the lid lock trying to lock and won't do anything. I am not sure what to try now.  The lid lock WAS working just fine, but now it isn't so I might have two problems?

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: Cabrio WTW5500XW0
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:05 AM »
I would locate the Tech Sheet located inside the Front Panel on left side in zip-lock bag, open the lid lean basket toward back (or right side) so you can unzip the bag and get the Tech Sheet.
If the Lid won't unlock then unplug washer wait about 5 minutes then plug back in to get the Lid unlocked.

The Tech Sheet will tell you how to access the Fault/Error Code's and write them down in order (1st F/E Code is the most recent code).
Afterwards, respond with the F/E Code's.
I'm thinking the humming noise may be coming from the Drive Motor so the issue is possibly the Capacitor which sends VDC to the Drive Motor (and the Main Power Board sends VAC to the Drive Motor).

NOTE: Anytime you remove wires from most part's then you have to run the Calibration Mode Test listed in Tech Sheet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:56:47 AM by rockinrobin »

Offline Whittibo

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
This posted twice and this is the second one, there Is another post with more replies and other things I have done since posting. I did change get the actuator, that helped for a few days, nown it is doing it again.

Offline Whittibo

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »
Here is the other one if you could read it and advise me.  I am stumped at this point. 
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=18491.msg98609#msg98609