Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whpl Washer Noise - MVWX700AG0  (Read 1059 times)

Offline AlphaApp

• Technician
    • Lafayette Appliance Repair
Whpl Washer Noise - MVWX700AG0
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »

Have a Whirlpool MVWX700AG0 with a problem defined as loud noise coming from tub and sopping clothes.  Apparently skipping drain and spin mode.  Client can unplug and restart and all ok, but consistently.  Splutch?  Actuator?  When I was there I ran diag twice and it passed.  No bearing or tranny noise.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Bob Schueler, Owner
Lafayette Appliance Repair
LafayetteApplianceRepair.com
Bob Schueler, Owner
Lafayette, IN
765-491-3487
www.lafayetteappliancerepair.com

Offline deekin

• Technician
Re: Whpl Washer Noise - MVWX700AG0
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:20:44 AM »
Any fault codes in memory? Run it with load at end of cycle to try and duplicate. We have been replacing alot of the trans for noise and no spin issues.

Offline AlphaApp

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 05:38:30 PM »
No codes.  Saw there was a service bulletin on it which essentially said to replace all the major components starting with control board.  Umm, OK?  On whose dime? 
Bob Schueler, Owner
Lafayette, IN
765-491-3487

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »
So no codes, odd.
It runs the dignostic because there is no load on the machine. May have to run a cycle with a bunch of towels.
Usually though the lid won't unlock if there is an issue with the shit actuator.
did you run the tach test?
Recalibrated the board?
When the machine is leaving a tub of wet clothing. That test is key. Usually find an intermitent connection in the wire harness as well.

I find more and more shift actuators failed and lower machine wiring harnesses needed due to movement with these machines. So much so even if it just needs the shift actuator I recommend both. Haven't had a call back since doing this method.

Offline AlphaApp

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:34:28 PM »
Ran calibration and it passed.  Tach test wouldn't run -- Set both lites per instructions, pressed enter, no response and only Spin light lit.  Tried an Actuator replacement.  Also removed belt guard, belt, etc. to visually inspect tranny and splutch.  All looks good.  Unit will wash fine but just spaz out and do its own thing.  Countdown timer gets to 1 and then the pump starts running forever.  Pump is pumping fine with no obstructions -- checked that as well.  So then I'm left with harness and control board.

Bob Schueler, Owner
Lafayette, IN
765-491-3487

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 07:03:20 PM »
you spun the drum while in tach test and the lights didn't change *rotate*?
If that is the case and you already changed the actuator. I would do the wire harness.