Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: kenmore washer 110.20172001 water fill sensor not working  (Read 1295 times)

Offline johnsonj17

• VIP Member
kenmore washer 110.20172001 water fill sensor not working
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:07:26 PM »

So I had to replace the drain pump in the washer, which went well enough, but now the water fill does not stop.  THere was no blockage in the air tube, so replaced the sensor switch, but still no luck.  However, when I test the sensor switch manually (by disconnecting the air tube and connecting a DIFFERENT air-tube that I just blow into while it is running/filling) it works just fine (meaning it continues through a cycle as long as I keep pressure in the tube) ...... so I am completely flummoxed.  When there is water in the tub, blowing in the tube (from the top) causes bubbles to come out of the water in the tub, so it seems there is no blockage in the air-tube or the connecting assembly that connects it to the tub.    I'm not aware of any adjustments that need to be made.  What else could be the problem with this? 
Thanks in advance for anyone that can assist!
Jeff

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: kenmore washer 110.20172001 water fill sensor not working
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:54:51 AM »
I guess you replaced the pressure switch and it should come with a new air tube.Otherwise i would say you could have a pin hole leak in the   air tube  or you  could of install the air tube in way that when you put cabinet back on it mashes air tube.Is this the part number you bought?   W10339021
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:56:07 AM by dab147315 »

Offline johnsonj17

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:54:18 AM »
Yes, that is the part number, and I did replace the air tube as well.  As I said, when I blow from the top of the tube and there is water in the tub, air bubbles come out from the bottom of the tube (so it doesn't appear to have any obstructions/blockages). 
Jeff

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »
You know you can't hook up the hose if there is water in the tub?

Offline johnsonj17

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:42:33 AM »
Well, got it working last night, so maybe third time's the charm?  Perhaps there was too much water or some bubbles in the hose the previous times i tried, but this last time when I reconnected the air tube I blew it out first and made sure it was clear (with an empty tub) and worked fine this time, so not sure what was wrong.....but wanted to post this back in case anyone else was searching for similar issues. 

Thanks to those that offered suggestions/hints.....much appreciated.

Cheers!
Jeff