Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: GE Monogram 36" bottom freezer model is leaking water around ice maker fill tube  (Read 1528 times)

Offline pglover19

• VIP Member

Model Number:  ZIC360NMCRH

I have noticed that the ice maker is building up ice around the fill tube going to the ice maker. I took the back panel off and noticed 3 water leaks (see photos). One leak is around the fill tube going into the ice maker. The clamp around the tube has rusted. There are other leaks with one around the red/orange wire and the other around the wires located in the black tube. Can someone identify all the parts I need to repair the leaks. Is this something I can fix myself?

I have a feeling that I need to replace the fill tube heater. It looks like in order to replace the fill tube heater, I need to remove the bottom freezer door, the ice maker, the door slide on the left, and the back panel near the ice maker. I am struggling on how to remove the bottom freezer door. The right and left slides are connected to the bottom freezer door with 8 screws. Is this where I remove the door or is there a connection on the slides?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:56:10 PM by pglover19 »

Offline pglover19

• VIP Member
As far as the ice maker fill tube leaking issue, it looks like GE has a FILL TUBE FREEZING KIT. The part number is WR49X10093.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My knees hurt
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Yes, that kit should keep the tube from freezing. I woukd also add some WR97X81 permagum to the areas that have evidence of moisture seeping to keep it from becoming a bigger problem. I've seen some of these get so bad that they start to sweat and damage the floor and walls with mold.
LowSL2
15+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline pglover19

• VIP Member
For the other 2 areas where there is moisture, do I apply the permagum on the back panel where the leak is or do I have to apply the permagum on the inside where the leak is? Applying on the inside will require me to remove the evaporator coil.

Offline pglover19

• VIP Member
More photos...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:22:05 AM by pglover19 »

Offline pglover19

• VIP Member
I noticed tonight when pulling out the fill tube grommet, there was some white caulk sealant around the grommet. What is the name of this caulk? I would like to use the same caulk to seal the fill tube grommet unless the permagum will work.

Offline pglover19

• VIP Member
After taking off the fill tube cover last night to investigate my fill tube water leak issue, I discovered that the water leak has been around for a long time. Behind the fill tube cover was a solid piece of frozen ice in the shape of the fill tube cover. The fill tube has been leaking for a long time and the water leaked into the fill tube cover forming a block of ice in the shape of the fill tube cover. The fill tube heater was not working.  After melting the ice, I installed the fill tube repair kit and a new ice maker. I sealed the leaking hole with permagum and RTV102 silicone and everything seems to be working fine. No more leaks so far. 

Thanks for all the advice.. This forum is awesome.

Water Leaking from Bottom Freezer Drawer LG Model #LMX25981ST

Started by Blaiser

Replies: 3
Views: 569
Last post May 12, 2017, 09:00:09 AM
by Blaiser
Maytag Bottom Freezer leaking water every couple months

Started by rego

Replies: 18
Views: 16706
Last post June 16, 2013, 02:17:40 PM
by RAH52
Whirlpool refrigerator gb2fhdxwq water leaking in bottom of freezer

Started by Fitter30

Replies: 10
Views: 18455
Last post May 18, 2013, 06:57:53 PM
by dab147315
36" GE Monogram bottom mount freezer - need tech sheet PLEASE!

Started by Repairit

Replies: 11
Views: 1689
Last post August 14, 2014, 12:46:45 PM
by dab147315
Whirpool GS6NBEXRL01 Ice Maker Fill Tube Leaking

Started by fridgeq

Replies: 2
Views: 358
Last post November 29, 2016, 07:57:48 PM
by schleven
Video: Testing - Connect and disconnect a push-in ice maker water fill valve