Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Electrolux EIED55HIWO DRYER E71 ERROR  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Red955i

• VIP Member
Electrolux EIED55HIWO DRYER E71 ERROR
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:48:32 PM »

Hi - This dryer jammed and burned out the motor. Motor was locked. Ordered a new motor and replace. Upon trying to start I get an E71 Error Message -  Technical Reference sheet says "E-71 Outlet Control Thermistor Open Circuit" Test Should be between 4.9K Ohm and 6.2K Ohm at room temperature 68-77degrees.  Tested it and it came in a 3.9K Ohms  So I ordered a new one #134711300 and replaced

Still get E71.  As per book I held Temp & Dryness for 6 secs to reset. Doesn't say it reset but no error. Then hit Start get Error 71 again  I can't get their diagnostic mode to work  Say press Cancel to enter standby. Within 10 sec press ny button to wake up display (so far so good) Within 5 sec turn selector to far left and press Cancel and far left button under display (which would appear to be My Favorites)  All light should flash on/off (they don't) 

Any help would be appreciated. Dryer is in basement and I had to take stairs apart to get it down there Would rather fix than go through that again to replace.  Thanks  Bob

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Electrolux EIED55HIWO DRYER E71 ERROR
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:19:34 AM »
make sure youre reading your resistance of said thermistor AT the board. could be a pcb issue if wiring ok. Also it sounds like original thermistor is close enough imo

Offline Red955i

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
I replaced the thermistor and still get the error so even though reading on original was low, a new one didn't fix problem

Not sure where to go now??  Any ideas?

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
So as long as your wiring is A OKAY you need the pcb which interprets that data.... In my OPINION.

Offline Red955i

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
I am beginning to feel the same way as the one other oddity I note is that I cannot get the machine into diagnostic mode. I follow the directions and it just doesn't work. I have no idea if it won't go in because of the E71 code or because the PCB is bad. Im assuming the PCB is bad because in my opinion it doesn't appear to be that complicated a device. Other than the thermistors, Motor and PCB all the other modules are all related to heat and would only affect the machine ability to make heat, or run after it was hot. Not starting from cold. I guess I will try a new  PCB  Thanks for your help