Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: FCC RULES YOU CAN GET CABLE THROUGH APPLE, GOOGLE, AMAZON, AND ANDROID  (Read 728 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair

FCC RULES YOU CAN GET CABLE THROUGH APPLE, GOOGLE, AMAZON, AND ANDROID

My son is finishing up his second year of college. His first year he lived in the dorms with only wifi, no cable tv.
This year (second year of college) he lives in a frat house. Has cable tv but says he never watches it. Just watches everything online.
This Fall he will be starting his third year of college and just signed a lease for a apartment. Him and his roommate plan on just getting internet from the cable company, no cable tv.

If it wasn't for my wife I would have got rid of cable TV a long time ago.

Took me about 5 years to talk my wife into dropping our land line phone. We all have phones in our pockets and no one ever called us on the land line anymore. Why keep it? Does a family of three really need four phones? Was a tough one but after five years I finally got my way. ;)

Any of you guys drop cable tv and just get internet from your cable company?

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: FCC RULES YOU CAN GET CABLE THROUGH APPLE, GOOGLE, AMAZON, AND ANDROID
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »
I do stream somethings. But we still watch most of our shows via direct tv. Last thing I want to do when I'm half asleep it load my computer, stream local weather and news. Then there are a few shows like walking dead we are hooked on and watch as it's broadcast. We have a "land line" but only pay the tax on it, about 12bucks a month. Got the "land line" for free but that isn't really a land line since it's though my cable internet.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 10:02:17 AM »
I get all my weather and most of my news from my phone, it's always on.
What news I don't get from my phone I read on my laptop. It's always on too.

I don't know why my wife even watches the news on tv after dinner or before going to bed other then out of habit as it's always old news to both of us by then haha.

I can see the day we drop cable tv coming. Just going to take a little more time.
I also see the day that we only have one internet provide, the cell phone company.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »
I haven't had cable for 7 years. I get the local stations from an antenna on the roof. At the time, I built a media pc to watch internet on the tv. It died about a year ago. Now I have a blu-ray player with apps. With local, Netflix, Prime and Hulu there's plenty to watch.