Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: 12002012 Maytag brake tool NLA no more??  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Maytag Man 6725

• Technician
  • Technician since 1990
12002012 Maytag brake tool NLA no more??
« on: February 18, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »

Those of you newer techs who are not blessed with owning a Maytag washer brake tool, because it has been NLA for years. Good NEWS!  I have a replacement available. Made in the USA! This tool is used to compress the brake spring on Admiral/ Atlantis style machines. It is also used to remove and install tub bearing/seals on Amana and SAV Maytag washers. $70.00 Includes shipping to anywhere in USA. Just call Jay's Appliance. 757-255-4445. And of course we still have the Cabrio Tub Removal Tool $130.00.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
Re: 12002012 Maytag brake tool NLA no more??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
That is great that you are making that tool available.    I have alot of those washers in my area,  and use that brake tool all the time.      Just to let you know maytag man,    I have used your Cabrio tub removal tool many,  many times.     Just used it Friday on a stuck tub.   Without that tool,   I would have lost countless $$$.    I won it here on a drawing,    but if I lost it or it ever broke (can't imagine that,   it is really built strong)  I would immediately buy another one.    Wouldn't be without one on my truck.    Thanks again for making such a valuable tool!
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present