Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: 220 volt stackable washer  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Pvappliance

• VIP Member
220 volt stackable washer
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:35:50 AM »

Hi,

Is there a washer that is stackable, 220v motor and has a matching gas dryer?

Offline deekin

• Technician
Re: 220 volt stackable washer
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:56:26 PM »
Not in residential that I have ever seen. Can I ask why a 220 washer and 110 dryer?

Offline Pvappliance

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
The ASKO washer and dryer we purchased in 1998 were 220v. They worked great until the washer quit, and after 3 repairs it was time to move on. We would like a larger washer and dryer this time.  We were given a Bosch washer and dryer and after 3 minutes we turned the dryer off. It was using so much more power than the ASKO dryer it is not feasible to use. The only explanation we have is the 220v for the ASKO. Why is this an issue? Our house is off grid and 100% solar powered. We have learned over the past 14 years 220v motors are the way to go with our system. And, with the Bosch experience we now see why friends were amazed we ran an electric dryer on our system but the ASKO was not an energy hog for some reason. Was it the 220v? We are unsure but since we are going larger than ASKO we decided to go with a gas dryer. And, it appears they, and the related washer, are all 120v.

Offline anerepair

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 05:54:55 PM »
Bosch makes a 240 vac washer, it is designed to plug into the dryer for the supply vac.  You have to get a special power cord if you don't own the dryer, I think.