Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: BryanS(appliantology.org)  (Read 14417 times)

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Re: BryanS(appliantology.org)
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »

I thought maybe it was my computer but now I have verification. After they changed their site not too long ago my download time for a manual that usually took 20 seconds or less was now more than 2 hours. I canceled the download every time.

Offline BryanS

• Technician
  • Refrigeration specialty
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2016, 06:51:29 PM »
I saw Spannerwrench was lurking on the forum this morning.  I'm sure it's so he can report back what we say on this thread.  I may just make random posts on here everyday just so he has something to read :)

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 04:11:26 PM »
It sure is funny with all that bad advice I gave on those forums,  that I still have people liking my posts  O0

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 01:58:48 PM »
Hello Hombre i too got out of the appliantology  program his old lady threw me out cause man they started cutting my downloading to nothing and at the end it was two hrs to download a service manual so i could see what i was going to go repair. Yes they got greedy real greedy. I had the life long program $75 for it so then they started upping everyone and if you did not like it it was  happy endingsand good luck. I tell you when that women came on in there they changed the witch for the devil LOL :welcome:

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »
 :P. Yea, I didn't have issues with download speeds except one time.  I liked the guys there,  but I don't miss it at all.   I haven't been participating here as much as I would like.  Life gets busy.  It ate me for awhile before I finally started firing back at them.  What was even better was they teamed up with Appliancezone to give a veteran free classes at the academy.  Well.he had veterans right there on the forum who had been helping for years.  They just wanted you to write some essay on how it would benefit you etc.  I'm not much a writer myself, so I didn't even attempt it.  Oh well, they can have that forum.  I do well enough with my own brain, this forum, and the tech lines we do have.  I'm not worried in the least on what I may miss over there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:34:56 PM by BryanS »

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 08:42:52 PM »
Learned a bunch there, prices went up.. pride  went up .and could not down load.. so some new beer they be drinking or new smoke

got that uneasy feeling..  I could no longer reply to post .. so I could not share LOL  WHAT LITTLE I know, compared to them.

it is what it is.lol
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 08:51:44 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline mdevera211

• VIP Member
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2016, 05:40:13 AM »
Don't feel bad Bryan. I, too, got kicked out of Appliantology. Well, actually I left. Scott kept deleting my post so I questioned him. I guess he didn't like me giving my input to one of his student's problem. Ever since day one, some of the higher ups were attacking me, especially Durham. Durham threatened to censor me and he didn't like me just because I was going against his ideas, lol. He thought I was just a new guy who was trying to teach them how to do things. He was the authority at that site and he didn't like it when I disagreed with him. I didn't back down and told him I know the rules and terms on that site and that I didn't violate anything. He didn't like it when I linked outside materials to backup my input to solve a problem. He didn't like anything that I said or ideas that I had to help solve problems other techs posted. That actually stopped after I confronted that bully head on thru private messages. He gave me that you don't know who I am bull crap and that everybody lose against him. He even said he was an attorney at one time. I laughed at that and told him that he must've sucked at it because he is doing appliance repair now. Lol..He left me alone after that but somebody actually started a thread about me and that I was pissing him off, Durham that is. I confronted that too and others backed me up since they know what I was talking about. I talked to other guys thru pm's and they warned me to lay low and that it wasn't worth it. Guys that had confrontations with people like Durham and other guys who thinks their way are the only way that works. I've never seen a site like appliantology, lol. It's just like how you described it. Anyway, don't feel bad, I didn't even last a year. No big deal, I got my money back. Scott offered to refund me during our pm conversations. When I finally had it, when he controlled what I can post, I told him I will take his offer and leave. He tried to pro rate it but I told him that I was one of the guys he offered lifetime membership and reminded him that he never honored it. I told him I can send a copy of our agreement via email if he wanted it.       
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:43:21 AM by mdevera211 »

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
That's exactly right.  Their way is the only right way.  I tried to give more well rounded answers to problems instead of the exact issue and answer someone was looking for.  They were deleting my posts as well because I didn't give exact information per model in question.  These fools acted like I couldn't read schematics.  I've been reading schematics since 2004 after tech school in the military.  Look at me now, I managed to get my calls done everyday without being a member of appliantology.org.  That man was trying to act like I was struggling lol because of my anger.  The same guys who praised my posts and wisdom I gave years prior.  I was also a lifetime member and he demoted me all the way down.  It's about the money to him now.  He probably wants to retire and never saved enough, so that's his backup plan.  I can promise you Durham doesn't pay for anything on that website either.  It's all ego tripping over there, so I'm over it.  I wanted to go to ASTI , but I figured I'll run into him abs things may get ugly :)  I''m working on getting out of this field eventually.  I don't help here as much as I had planned because I'm working on alot of other things.  So far I'm down 54lbs since 2013, and I'll be working on another degree in Exercise Science next month.  I still have a good 25lbs or so to go before I reach my post deployment weight back in 2006.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:43:43 AM by BryanS »

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
You are right about the ego tripping. There is also the long drawn out sophisticated sounding explanations for simple problems. Especially durham. Don't question the forum nazi or you will be berated. I bet even his dog hates him.

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »
Haha :rofl:

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2016, 10:23:50 AM »
 ::)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:33:02 AM by dab147315 »

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2016, 10:36:22 AM »
I never had a problem with Durham for the most part.  We used to joke a lot together then things got to serious over there.  Everyone wanted to argue all the time.  I was answering most questions on the fly in case someone needed a quick answer out on a job.  Sometimes I had time to look for a manual anf sometimes I just did a quick lookup of the parts breakdown to see what the model looked like. Especially if the person asking the question was a technician,  then I'm not doing all of thr leg work lol.   I'm not infallible,  but I rarely misdiagnose anything refrigeration related, so dealing with the condescending tones became to much to deal with anymore. 

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2016, 10:42:18 AM »
What annoys me the most is I still get notifications for some topics because they are under the professional appliatolgosts section and I can't unfollow them.  I've unfollowed just about everything else imaginable on there and Facebook.

Offline mdevera211

• VIP Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
It all started when I questioned the putting the thermistor on slurry ice all the time method. That seems to be the big thing they are teaching over there. I told them to just follow the flow chart when troubleshooting. But everytime there's a problem, Durham's way is to dip the thermistor in a slurry ice right away. I told him you don't have to do that unless it's really needed to find out what the problem is. He threatened to censor me after that. Appliance 97 pm'd me and tried to tell me that my troubleshooting approach was wrong. I told him why I do it the way I do it, gave him a link to a manual to support my argument. I told him, now they got newbies cutting the thermistors just so they can dip it on slurry ice. I told him they should teach techs to ohm it out at the board instead. They started teaching that because they didn't want techs cutting the thermistors after I brought it to their attention. Lol..The other input I had was the duckbill getting stuck together and therefore not draining properly as one of the causes of the Samsung icing up problem. I told them, based on experience, I just trimmed the duckbill to open it up to let it drain better. That and the defrost thermistor is what I found to be the culprit mostly for the icing up problem. Durham didn't like that at all and said it was mostly because of gauckus, in the drain and that I haven't seen a drain that feels like it was blocked with cement yet. He said it was what they taught in Asti when Samsung reps were there. It seems like he wanted you to treat him as God over there and that his way is the only way. Lol..

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »
I dont use the ice method often honestly because the sensors are typically to short to short.  If they are long enough I may do so, then refer to the resistance charts. The Samsungs for years I've done the Whirlpool  heat probe, def sensor, and evaporator cover if the fan was iced up.  It worked for most all of them.  I always blasted water down the drain.  I just recently started ordering Samsungs actual kit with the new style drain tubes, foam padding, and their heat probe.  I've argued with them over the defrost sensors myself because they said they weren't needed if they test in range.  That's fine and dandy, but I've had sensors in range be a problem before. Just look at GE old style thermistors.  Cheap part, so I just replace them anyway.  Now the evaporator covers I have found will leak water sometimes if because the foam gets so saturated with water.  We all have our own methods I guess.  I'm curious to see how these kits go.  My buddy at Sears says he has been using them no problem.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:05:49 PM by BryanS »

Offline mdevera211

• VIP Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2016, 02:33:06 PM »
I bought the kit too, followed Samsung service bulletins but they seem to be changing all the time so I don't even do that anymore. Notice they changed the duckbill to a more open one. I've been trimming stuck duckbill before that came out. Drain is a big issue not just on Samsung. Make sure the drain drains properly and you'll have less problems. The ones with thermistors, I just go ahead and change them without even checking them when I get call for icing issue. I check the drain, and the defrost components. If defrost components are good and find the duckbill stuck together then more than likely that was the cause of the problem. I trim that and change the thermistor and good to go. I had a Samsung that I got a callback on and when I went back, I checked the defrost thermistor on a slurry ice and it gave me a bad reading. Changed it and problem solved and no call back. Didn't need to put defrost kit where you put the extended heater down the drain or changing the cover. Just trimmed the duckbill and thermistor is all I did and haven't gotten any call back and it's been months since I did that repair.

Offline mdevera211

• VIP Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
I told Durham that and he thought I just go lucky. Hahaha....

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
Lol.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2016, 05:16:52 PM »
So far I'm down 54lbs since 2013, and I'll be working on another degree in Exercise Science next month.  I still have a good 25lbs or so to go before I reach my post deployment weight back in 2006.
Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with your degree!