Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: BryanS(appliantology.org)  (Read 14433 times)

Offline BryanS

• Technician
  • Refrigeration specialty
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
BryanS(appliantology.org)
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:05:52 PM »

Hello,

Anyone from Appliantology.org this is BryanS.  I guess this forum will be my new home.  After 2000+ posts at appliantology.org for 4 years my time there is over.  I guess because I refused to take his online courses or something he has a bur up his butt.  I've been specialized in refrigeration for four years, so feel free to message me if you need any help.  I've been a member here, but never really spent much time here.  I dont ask for help often, and I will help out where I can.  I've also been to school for hvac as well, I know it pretty well,  so I can probably help with any hvac related questions.

-BryanS

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: BryanS(appliantology.org)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:22 PM »
Welcome BryanS to the forum.I know your knowledge will be a help to all of us here.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »
Welcome. Are you knowledgeable about all types of fridges? Samsung, lg, whirlpool etc?
I have seen a few of the new whirlpool icemaker designs that thoroughly confuse me.
Would be glad to know of a person that understands all their 6th sense technology!
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:08:14 AM »
For the most part I've worked on a lot of different brands.  I started out at Sears, and I had enough of that place.  I work for a small business now.  We are exclusively a Whirlpool dealer, so that's mainly what we service.  I'm pretty much the refrigerator guy here as well.  They are training me on other appliances somewhat, but a lot I'm learning on my own.  I actually passed the master certification that PSA gives at their conventions and most of my appliance knowledge was from a book.  I still have a lot to learn though. 

Offline mz3own

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:32:03 AM »
welcome Brian. I too never really liked how it was run either.  :welcome:

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:49:59 AM »
I used to be one the main poster there.  A few months back for no reason I was demoted and had my privileges taken away. He wouldn't tell me why when I emailed him about it.  Then he gave them back.  Then recently he started giving arrogant responses to my comments.  Basically,  implying I couldn't read schematics, which I have been in some shape or form for 12-13 years.  So I had enough and blasted him for it.  He got butthurt, deleted my comment,  and demoted me again.  He is getting greedy is what it boils down too and wanted us all to pay for his forum.  I paid for lifetime membership years ago, yet he still put me down to grasshopper.   He is also raising the price for pro appliantologist to $150.  Like I said, I don't ask for help often, so I'm not paying to help others.  I emailed him after the fact and he replied best wishes and that's it.  Still no explanation.  If  this forum needs donations to stay a float just ask.  I've already made a small donation.  I just like helping others,  which is mainly why I'm here. I'll do what I can here.  I think I have notifications setup to receive new alerts in the refrigeration forum. 

-Bryan

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your donation, it's very much appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing you around in our forums.

Thanks!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 01:13:08 PM »
Hello,

Anyone from Appliantology.org this is BryanS.  I guess this forum will be my new home.  After 2000+ posts at appliantology.org for 4 years my time there is over.  I guess because I refused to take his online courses or something he has a bur up his butt.  I've been specialized in refrigeration for four years, so feel free to message me if you need any help.  I've been a member here, but never really spent much time here.  I dont ask for help often, and I will help out where I can.  I've also been to school for hvac as well, I know it pretty well,  so I can probably help with any hvac related questions.

-BryanS

Welcome home ;)

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
Thanks. 

Offline mz3own

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »
I used to be one the main poster there.  A few months back for no reason I was demoted and had my privileges taken away. He wouldn't tell me why when I emailed him about it.  Then he gave them back.  Then recently he started giving arrogant responses to my comments.  Basically,  implying I couldn't read schematics, which I have been in some shape or form for 12-13 years.  So I had enough and blasted him for it.  He got butthurt, deleted my comment,  and demoted me again.  He is getting greedy is what it boils down too and wanted us all to pay for his forum.  I paid for lifetime membership years ago, yet he still put me down to grasshopper.   He is also raising the price for pro appliantologist to $150.  Like I said, I don't ask for help often, so I'm not paying to help others.  I emailed him after the fact and he replied best wishes and that's it.  Still no explanation.  If  this forum needs donations to stay a float just ask.  I've already made a small donation.  I just like helping others,  which is mainly why I'm here. I'll do what I can here.  I think I have notifications setup to receive new alerts in the refrigeration forum. 

-Bryan
He should be paying you for helping people for free, not the other way around :rofl:. I'm sure you had to pay to take his classes too. We all help here out of the kindness of our heart not to make a buck.

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 05:26:10 PM »
I never took his classes for that reason.  During thr beta version it was $100.  I was broke and unemployed because I quit at Sears without work for a year.  Then he upped the price to like $400ish.  They would argue over how to correctly wire nut etc.  Electric tape or dieletric grease in the nut.  You can't use compressor relay/overloads that aren't specific for that compressor.  Sure you can and have for years.  Any reason to try to act smarter than the next guy.  If he had an issue, then address it.  He did one time because I wasn't linking parts correctly for him to get paid.  I just told him I won't link anymore because the way to do it on mobile is really weird and I couldn't get it.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 05:48:45 PM »
Username changed from afbryanwv to BryanS as requested, thanks!

I never took his classes for that reason.  During thr beta version it was $100.  I was broke and unemployed because I quit at Sears without work for a year.  Then he upped the price to like $400ish.  They would argue over how to correctly wire nut etc.  Electric tape or dieletric grease in the nut.  You can't use compressor relay/overloads that aren't specific for that compressor.  Sure you can and have for years.  Any reason to try to act smarter than the next guy.  If he had an issue, then address it.  He did one time because I wasn't linking parts correctly for him to get paid.  I just told him I won't link anymore because the way to do it on mobile is really weird and I couldn't get it.

Interesting, I had no idea how much the classes cost or what they entailed.

I don't worry much about members posting affiliate links. That's not what our site is about, but I have tried to make it as easy as possible as all you have to do is highlight the part number and then click a button. Believe I posted directions showing how-to someplace, but I'm to tired to look for it right now haha.

I have a semi-auto linking system that sometimes works too so most of the time if a member just post a part number sooner or later a link is automatically created to AppliancePartsPros. It's does not happen instantly and does not always work, but it's better then nothing.

I don't believe I have ever pushed members to post affiliate links. I do have a couple of dedicated helpers that do make a point of posting part numbers and then use the button to link them to APP and I sincerely appreciate their help.

In fact I sincerely appreciate all and any help I get from the techs as our site is truly to much at this point for me to keep up with by myself. There is no way I can take the time everyday to answer all questions along with keeping up with the software, mod update, emails and spam control that also needs to be done.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 09:47:41 AM »
http://appliancejunk.com/images/app_link_button.      This is what AJ is talking about.  Posting part numbers and then use the button to link them to APP and I sincerely appreciate their help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:52:38 AM by dab147315 »

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the part link info. I'll try it later and see if I got it.

Offline Larry the applia

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 06:01:53 PM »
Bryan you from Wv seen name aj posted had wv at end
Larry Johnson
Shannons Appliance repair
Clarksburg, WV

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »
Yes sir. Martinsburg WV area.  AJ changed my name to my appliantology name, so any fellow techs from there can find me.

Offline Larry the applia

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 07:56:38 PM »
Ok i am from central wv
Larry Johnson
Shannons Appliance repair
Clarksburg, WV

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »
Eastern Panhandle. Right near VA and MD line.

Offline BryanS

• Technician
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:02:03 PM by BryanS »

Offline BryanS

• Technician