Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch dishwasher over filling  (Read 626 times)

Offline Matzie66

• VIP Member
Bosch dishwasher over filling
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »

Dishwasher is a 630.12923313 Bosch. Unit will let in water--start washing for few seconds--stop--start letting in more water then start beeping & continue to let in
water.Haven,t gone as far as slipping unit & removing base.But looking in from side I can,t see any pressure switch or sensor to regulate fill. Wiring diagram doesn,t
show anything. Was water fill controlled through main control board on this model? I replaced control & unit worked okay for one cycle.
Kinda baffled with this unit""

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
Re: Bosch dishwasher over filling
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:54:37 PM »
I could not find the model on the sears site, but here is what one manual (available from this forum) says about the fill and over-fill functions:

Water inlet system (with fill switch and diaphragm) -- It insures dishwashers fill properly at various
incoming pressures. It uses a air pressure diaphragm and fill (micro) switch to alert the dishwasher
control module when the proper amount of water has filled the dishwasher.
􀂃 Float switch Ė This safety feature shuts down the dishwasher and starts the drain pump if the
dishwasher has gotten excessive water in the base or has overfilled. The drain pump empties out the
sump and hoses, not the base (I.e. the drain pump isnít a base bilge pump)

Perhaps there is water in the base that the sensor is picking up, and it does not want to fill?

Offline Matzie66

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:13:27 PM »
Base is always dry.I might have to remove base one day & get a good look underneath. If theres an  overfill sensor or something I can,t spot
it from looking in at sides. Thanks for your info :thanks:

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:22:44 AM »
Here's a manual