Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Probably to simple, but want to confirm  (Read 957 times)

Offline Chris112

• VIP Member
Probably to simple, but want to confirm
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »

Hello-
Sorry for such a rookie question, but I need to replace the dial on my washer (Kenmore 79641162410) and I know in most cases it just pulls off, but I'm a bit concerned on my front loader as I feel a lot of resistance. I know I need part number 4941ER3005G, but can anyone tell me if the knob/dial should just pull off or do I need to remove the top of the washer and then the board to get to it? My dryer is stacked on top at the moment so that would be a bit of extra work.

Thanks,

Chris

:thanks:

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Probably to simple, but want to confirm
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:53:06 AM »
The front panel needs to come off so you can gain access to the knob. Sorry to say your dryer will need to come down the top lid of the washer will need to come off so the UI can come off. Once off remove the screws holding in the board from the trim plate so it can be split. Once split the knob has two tabs on it that need to be depressed to it can release from the board.

Offline Chris112

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:49:42 AM »
Thanks, I was afraid that would be what is required. The different parts suppliers just told me it should just pull off, but that sounded like a very generic thought and I was certainly feeling more resistance then I thought I should if it would just slide off. Are there any videos or documents on this that you are aware of?

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:52:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZUHy_AOIY0
the very start shows you how to take the top off then skip to the 1:55min mark to show you how to remove the UI control.
Once the UI is removed you can remove the screws holding the boards in place. Now that the boards are removed you can press the two tabs on either side of the knob to release it from the board.
Put your new knob on and reassemble.