Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: width of tab connector on whirpool dryer heating element  (Read 3944 times)

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
width of tab connector on whirpool dryer heating element
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:42:37 AM »

i probably knew this once upon a time and forgot it, but went to replace a loose connect with a standard .25 female tab connector and it wouldn't go on.  the same connector goes fine on the temp. sensor but not the connection to the heating element itself.  googling around i find there may be either .3125 or .375 oversize tab connections but can't reliably find anyone supplying them or an indication of the correct size for the whirlpool heating element.

anybody got this burned into repairman ROM?

thanks,

bria n

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: width of tab connector on whirpool dryer heating element
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »
your talking about the size of this terminal? Part# 279457

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:10:35 AM »
yeah, that's it. would like to stock the terminals vs. their wirenut style install.  i understand that on occasion if the terminal has heated and the wire is compromised you have to add length so their approach is not always inconvenient, but i can cut a piece of wire too and solder and shrink all my connections so having my own terminals whould be a step in the right direction.

thanks

brian

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
Read this old post and see what these guys are saying.http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=11297.msg57761#msg57761

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 01:18:47 PM »
I just tried to measure the width of a terminal on a  resistance heater grid from an electric dryer but my electronic caliper battery was dead, A typical 0.25" Faston terminal will not fit over this size . It is a very slight difference but it is just enough of a difference  that it will not fit. My guess is that it is about 7 mm wide. I will report back when I get a new battery in my caliper.FYI  if you force a .25 "Faston on this terminal you will be overloading it electrically and it will cause a problem. The wire provided with a new t-stat fits properly.

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
In America it's a 5/16" spade.