This might be a pretty easy fix, but I figure it's better to ask you pros on here. Dryer is pretty old (came with house purchase last year), but has been functioning very well for the past year.
Last week, my wife bought a flannel sheet set that we washed, and then set to sensor dry. I fell asleep while waiting for the sheets to dry. I was totally surprised to wake up the next morning and find the dryer still running. I found pretty much 1/4 of the sheet set fibers in the lint catch... It wasn't messy at all, came out pretty much as a potholder, in one piece. Now, the sensor dry doesn't work anymore - the machine will keep running until it's shut off manually. I also noticed the temperature inside the drum gets very hot. I tried to look for the electrodes near the lint filter, but couldn't find them.
Anyone have an idea how to fix this? I was thinking the electrodes, but maybe there's some thermostat problem? Thanks in advance!