Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Front Load Washer - Won't Drain - OE Code  (Read 1187 times)

Offline JumpinJackFlash

• VIP Member
LG Front Load Washer - Won't Drain - OE Code
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:06:42 PM »

I will get the Model # tomorrow (1/5) but wanted to see what you folks thought about this scenario;

OE Code, Drain Pump doesn't sound like it's coming on (broken or clogged).....I think I could hear a 'click'.    Checked the filter (lower left, front) and it was fairly clean, but when I uncapped the rubber drain hose to drain the tub, nothing came out.    I'm referring to the rubber hose that is just to the left of the filter that is used for manually draining the line/tub - not the internal drain hose.   Is that a common symptom of......a clogged drain pump?    I had to drain the tub from the filter access.       I'm not sure how/where the 'manual' drain hose connects to the pump assembly - that's why I'm asking.....I didn't expect to get nothing out of it after I uncapped it.

Is the only way to access the drain pump from the back of the washer?

Thanks.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Re: LG Front Load Washer - Won't Drain - OE Code
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »
If its a front load, you take the front of the washer off to access it. Its either the pump or the board.
I replace a lot more pumps than I do boards.
Search  lg pump replace on Google you can find a video. My tablet won't let me paste here..
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline JumpinJackFlash

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »
Thanks - that's good news about accessing it from the front.....this is a friend's washer and the access is limited.

BTW - the Model # is WM2016CW/01

Offline JumpinJackFlash

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 04:47:49 PM »
If its a front load, you take the front of the washer off to access it. Its either the pump or the board.
I replace a lot more pumps than I do boards.
Search  lg pump replace on Google you can find a video. My tablet won't let me paste here..

It was the drain pump.   I found a small stick that might have been blocking it, but at 6 years old, I figured it was best to replace it.   The rubber drain hose had a blockage that took me longer to clear than it did to replace the pump....I wish I had ordered a spare, it would have saved me a lot of time.   But at the end of the day, we had a working washer!   Thanks for your assistance!

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »
Thanks for letting us know!
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"