Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Weird noises when I use our washer  (Read 1551 times)

Offline BraxLimbo

• VIP Member
Weird noises when I use our washer
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:53:52 AM »

So recently I've been hearing rustling or something like tinkling at the back part of our washer every time I turn it off. But everything's working fine. Any idea what it might be?

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Weird noises when I use our washer
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:27:56 AM »
make and model?

Offline BraxLimbo

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:45:08 AM »

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 05:19:21 AM »
could be change in one of the baffles of the washer, could be change between the inner and out tub. Could be an underwire. Could be the spider support for the inner tub is cracked and is ticking as the tub turns.
Reach in and spin the inner tub. Does it spin in a circle or does is spin egg shaped? Does the ticking happen when you spin it by hand? Does it sound like change or metal on metal.
If I had to guess the support is cracked which is usually a death sentence for the washer.

Offline BraxLimbo

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 12:27:13 AM »
could be change in one of the baffles of the washer, could be change between the inner and out tub. Could be an underwire. Could be the spider support for the inner tub is cracked and is ticking as the tub turns.
Reach in and spin the inner tub. Does it spin in a circle or does is spin egg shaped? Does the ticking happen when you spin it by hand? Does it sound like change or metal on metal.
If I had to guess the support is cracked which is usually a death sentence for the washer.

It spins in circle and the ticking usually happens when I just turn the washer off. Kind of like a rustle inside. It sounds like metal on metal to me. Though I don't think it's bigger than a quarter.

Offline BraxLimbo

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »
Do I have to take it to a pro or I can check it on my own?