Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE compressor inverter  (Read 4200 times)

Offline randerson0071

• VIP Member
GE compressor inverter
« on: December 07, 2015, 09:08:53 AM »

I need an inverter for a GE side by side refrigerator PSW23PSRBSS
On the inverter it has what looks like a model number VCC3 1156 01 A 61
The inverters that I have found have numbers like VCC3 1156 18 F 06 or VCC3 1156 09801
What do these numbers mean and are they compatible.

Thank you
R Anderson

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: GE compressor inverter
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:17:13 AM »
If the replacement inverter says VCC3 and the amp ratings match, it should work. The blue nightmare had us use whatever we had on hand all the time and (surprisingly) never had a repeat.

But, when in doubt, use the specified replacement.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline randerson0071

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:39:44 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply. i assume the amp ratings being 3.3A. That would be great if its that easy since the price differences on some of these are hundreds of $$$! Of course the one mine calls for seems to be the most expensive.

Thanks again!!

Offline randerson0071

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:45:09 PM »
LowSL2,

I cannot thank you enough for your reply!!! The inverter that my refrigerator calls for is listed at $562. Based on the information you shared in your reply to my original post I found a new GE inverter on Amazon. Although the GE part number was different the replacement part started with the VCC3 and the amps were listed at 3.3A just like the old one. I installed it and the compressor started up and the refrigerator is fixed and working great!!! THE BEST PART IS, INSTEAD OF PAYING $562 I BOUGHT MINE NEW FOR $150!!!!!
You my friend are a life saver and with an 8yr old at Christmas time it was a welcomed gift not having to spend that extra money on my ungrateful refrigerator!! Thanks again!!!

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 10:40:43 AM »
LowSL2,

I cannot thank you enough for your reply!!! The inverter that my refrigerator calls for is listed at $562. Based on the information you shared in your reply to my original post I found a new GE inverter on Amazon. Although the GE part number was different the replacement part started with the VCC3 and the amps were listed at 3.3A just like the old one. I installed it and the compressor started up and the refrigerator is fixed and working great!!! THE BEST PART IS, INSTEAD OF PAYING $562 I BOUGHT MINE NEW FOR $150!!!!!
You my friend are a life saver and with an 8yr old at Christmas time it was a welcomed gift not having to spend that extra money on my ungrateful refrigerator!! Thanks again!!!

Glad it worked.  :cheers:
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline aben

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
One more thing in my knowledge bag. Spend that Mula in presents now!!!

Offline randerson0071

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 08:50:20 PM »
almost 7 years and still going strong. no issues what so ever!! :thanks: