Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Access to blower wheel on Maytag stacked dryer LSG7804AAE  (Read 1252 times)

Offline bbskip

• VIP Member
Access to blower wheel on Maytag stacked dryer LSG7804AAE
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:17:54 AM »

I have a Maytag stacked washer/dryer model number LSG7804AAE . The dryer is making a rumbling sound and does not seem to be drying well. Looking online the consensus seems to be that the blower wheel is loose and needs to be replaced. The part is inexpensive so I thought that would be a good place to start. There are several videos online showing how to replace one so I thought I would open up my dryer to see if mine is loose. The problem is the videos only show floor models and not a stacked unit. I removed the lower panel from the dryer by removing 2 screws and I saw what looked like the cover to the wheel housing. I removed 3 screws from the cover and that's as far as I could get. The cover is secured from above and I could not figure out how to remove it. I have been unable to find any videos or diagrams that show how to remove the cover and get access to the blower wheel.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Bruno

Offline Bailey

• Technician
Re: Access to blower wheel on Maytag stacked dryer LSG7804AAE
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 01:43:21 PM »
Near the top of the page look for manuals. Then stacked washers and dryers. There is a manual for the S1000 stack set which is older than yours but the blower wheel is built the same. Scroll down to page 3-16

Offline bbskip

• VIP Member
Re: Access to blower wheel on Maytag stacked dryer LSG7804AAE
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »
Wow, more involved than just the floor models, the front panel has to come off. Will need a little more time for this.

Thanks for the help!

Bruno

Near the top of the page look for manuals. Then stacked washers and dryers. There is a manual for the S1000 stack set which is older than yours but the blower wheel is built the same. Scroll down to page 3-16