Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Dryer Model # DV220AEW Error Code looks almost like a 33  (Read 2179 times)

Offline robert2.0

• VIP Member
Samsung Dryer Model # DV220AEW Error Code looks almost like a 33
« on: November 16, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »

Ill get right to the pictures.

Offline robert2.0

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung Dryer Model # DV220AEW Error Code looks almost like a 33
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:36:16 PM »
The computer would not let me edit so I had to post the rest of my story as a reply.

This fiasco started when my dryer stopped heating. 

Took it apart to find the heating element was broken.  It had a separation in the coil.  Because the dryer broke at the worst time (what doesn't) I just wraped the coil back into a continuous piece reinstalled.  Unfortunately I had to splice the heating element connectors and wiring harness back together cause I cut the ends of the heating element off when removing.  In any case dryer worked for a couple weeks and I forgot to order a replacement element. Well the kids were home from college doing laundry and it stopped heating again.  I immediately ordered a replacement element and when it arrived I changed it out.

I noticed that there was no problem with the original element this time it was my hack wiring job.  One of the wires from the harness to the element was burned clean into two pieces.  No biggie I switched everything out hook everything up and the kids go back to drying.

Not so fast!  After running a couple hours it stopped heating again.  I pulled it apart and checked continuity on the element.  It was fine.  I even hot wired the element and it heated right up.  I then checked the two sensors that attach to the side of that heat shield that the element is in.  The one closest to the front was fine.  The rear one was not.  So I got up Monday  (today) 1st thing to buy a replacement. Come back but before plugging it back in I check the continuity of it and the old one and both say they are good.  I go ahead and install the new one and now the dryer wont start. It just clicks.  No error codes it just clicks.  All the lights on the control panel come on as well.

I then check all the sensors I can find and everything checks out.  I know the thermister should be in the 10.0k range and I  think it was close at 11.4 so I reassembled and figured screw it I am done with this thing.

So after reassembly I get what you see in the picture.

What is going on?  I see nothing in the manual specific to this error code.

Sorry for the long story....... that was my way of releasing stress, haha!

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »
did you plug the wires back on to the thermistor when you were done? that error is a thermistor error.

Offline robert2.0

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:28:56 PM »
Yes everything was plugged back like it was supposed to be. How could Samsung forget to include that in the manual?

Online dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »
 :oops:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:31:11 AM by dab147315 »
If i gave you a Tech Sheet or a Service Manual you just became a Appliance Technician!Proceed with Caution!

Online dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »
User manual.Show code.But like mz3own thought it was a terminator error? :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:56:48 AM by dab147315 »
If i gave you a Tech Sheet or a Service Manual you just became a Appliance Technician!Proceed with Caution!

Offline TPerkins

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
Samsung bulletin on this issue. Clean the thermistor if it looks like its in good condition and see what happens.

Offline TPerkins

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 11:12:56 AM »
And the fasttrack for this model as well. Looks like nothing is said about the TE error though.

Online dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »
Yeah I saw that to on my fast track.

Offline robert2.0

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »
Im back on this again.  When you clean this thermister is it just about cleaning the plugs?  I really see nothing else to clean.  Ill take some picks after i get disassembled.

Offline TPerkins

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »
This is posted as the "solution" on the service bulletin. Just wipe it down with a towel that has some rubbing alcohol on it and see what happens from there.

"A false reading can be caused by moisture on the Thermistor that will attract lint and cover the device.    If this occurs an alcohol wipe will clean the device and unless it is physically damaged will continue to work without replacement. "