Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore washer not really spinning  (Read 1609 times)

Offline aben

• VIP Member
Kenmore washer not really spinning
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:11:28 PM »

Please help!! I have a kenmore washer. It washes and spins but gets to the last 10-15 minutes and won't pick up speed in the last spin cycle and gets stuck time wise at that point. It has a small humming noise and it got a rubber smell. The sound of the spinning also got louder. Please provide me with a repair manual, and your opinion about this washer!!!!
Kenmore model 796.40318900

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Kenmore washer not really spinning
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »
open the door and put your hand on the plastic portion of the outer tub(may have to move the gray door boot out of the way a bit to get to it) and put your other hand on the stainless steel portion of the inner tub and push it up and down on the stainless steel inner tub? does it move? IF it moves you are buying a new washer. The rear tub bearing has failed.

Offline aben

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:32:40 PM »
Can you explain a little better please?  it starts the spinning but stops. Anyone have the repair manual that tells how to run a diagnostic

Offline aben

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
If the inner tub spins the bearing is bad and sounds like it's not worth fixing it??
If the inner tub doesn't move what could be wrong?? Thanks

Offline aben

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:16:21 PM »
I need your knowledge please!! Help me!!

Offline aben

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 11:33:25 AM »
I did a diagnostic mode. It gave a LE code(locked motor)

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »
If it has a freight train sound during spin, the bearings are bad. If it's knocking, it could be the bearings or the spider. All of the parts are available. It's a big job, expect to spend a day on it. Tub seal, 4036ER2004A; spider, 4434ER0002A; bearings, 4280FR4048L and 4280FR4048E. I'm not sure what the bearing generic numbers are but probably 6305 and 6306.

Offline aben

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply tgoods. I can spinthe inner tub by hand really freely and very smooth spins. I been reading about the hall sensor, can you give YouRinput on that sensor. It washes & drains fine, it tries to spin and gives a LE error code. I repeat no friction on inner tub, very easy to fast spin & smooth spin with no effort. Thanks for your help