Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Error LE, Model WM2016CW, front load washer, S/N 805KWDJ26146, bought 7/2008  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Tom Gabriel

• VIP Member

Hi and TIA for any help. The washer fills and drains, the drum turns but only 10 times or so clockwise, maybe 5 counterclockwise, when started from spin cycle. An LG rep, via telephone, had me reset (disconnect power, hold start button 5 seconds), and try the spin cycle at highest speed. Again the LE code. There was also a groaning noise when rotating. The rep guessed that the problem might be the clutch or rotor. Following instructions from another posting here, I removed access panel, rotor, and stator. Wiring appears undamaged on motor wiring harness, and, likewise, nothing else shows obvious damage. There were a few drops of water on the left side of the drum (viewed from access panel). Is there a test I can do on the rotor? Any advice on accessing/testing the clutch?  :-\

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Make sure the center rotor bolt is not loose or the plastic spines are not stripped. If ok hall sensor and micro harness is suspect

Offline Tom Gabriel

• VIP Member
 :thanks: Domain, replacing the hall sensor fixed the problem. :cheers:

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
 :welcome: :welcome: